Timothy M Frayling
Affiliation: University of Exeter
- Wood A, Jonsson A, Jackson A, Wang N, van Leewen N, Palmer N, et al. A Genome-Wide Association Study of IVGTT-Based Measures of First-Phase Insulin Secretion Refines the Underlying Physiology of Type 2 Diabetes Variants. Diabetes. 2017;66:2296-2309 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study provides further insight into the mechanisms by which common genetic variation influences type 2 diabetes risk and glycemic traits. ..
- Frayling T, McCarthy M, Walker M, Levy J, O Rahilly S, Hitman G, et al. No evidence for linkage at candidate type 2 diabetes susceptibility loci on chromosomes 12 and 20 in United Kingdom Caucasians. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85:853-7 pubmed..We have not confirmed in United Kingdom Caucasians the evidence for linkage previously reported on 12q and 20q. Our results highlight further the problems of replicating previous positive linkage results across different ethnic groups. ..
- Tyrrell J, Jones S, Beaumont R, Astley C, Lovell R, Yaghootkar H, et al. Height, body mass index, and socioeconomic status: mendelian randomisation study in UK Biobank. BMJ. 2016;352:i582 pubmed publisher..These findings have important social and health implications, supporting evidence that overweight people, especially women, are at a disadvantage and that taller people, especially men, are at an advantage. ..
- Yaghootkar H, Lotta L, Tyrrell J, Smit R, Jones S, Donnelly L, et al. Genetic Evidence for a Link Between Favorable Adiposity and Lower Risk of Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, and Heart Disease. Diabetes. 2016;65:2448-60 pubmed publisher..Although higher BMI is associated with higher risk of diseases, better fat storage capacity could reduce the risk. ..
- Morrison F, Locke J, Wood A, Tuke M, Pasko D, Murray A, et al. The splice site variant rs11078928 may be associated with a genotype-dependent alteration in expression of GSDMB transcripts. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:627 pubmed publisher....