- Attributes of clinical recommendations that influence change in practice following audit and feedback
The University of Edinburgh, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 37 Chalmers Street, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 55:717-22. 2002
..Recommendations seen as incompatible with clinician values are associated with lower compliance but greater behavioral change following audit and feedback...
- Theory-based identification of barriers to quality improvement: induced abortion care
Scottish Programme for Clinical Effectiveness in Reproductive Health, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Int J Qual Health Care 17:147-55. 2005
..There is little empirical evidence on factors that influence compliance with the guideline. A better understanding of such factors is needed for quality improvement initiatives...
- Do clinical guidelines enhance safe practice in obstetrics and gynaecology?
Scottish Programme for Clinical Effectiveness in Reproductive Health, Universities of Aberdeen and Edinburgh, Office 64, Aberdeen Maternity Hospital, Aberdeen, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 21:657-73. 2007
..We suggest a pragmatic framework to assist policy-makers and clinicians in deciding how best to use the scarce resources available for quality-improvement activities...
- Behavioural medicine: changing our behaviour
BMJ 332:437-8. 2006
- The pathway to induced abortion: women's experiences and general practitioner attitudes
Neasham Road Surgery, Darlington, UK
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 32:15-8. 2006
..Whilst scope exists for improving quality of care and access within present service configurations, alternative approaches that bypass traditional gatekeepers to abortion care should be evaluated...
- Improving induced abortion care in Scotland: enablers and constraints
Department of Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 31:20-3. 2005
..Induced abortion is the most common gynaecological procedure in Scotland. Despite several recent initiatives to improve the quality of abortion care, inappropriate variations in care remain...
- The impact of guidelines on mild hypertension in pregnancy: time series analysis
Scottish Programme for Clinical Effectiveness in Reproductive Health, Simpson Centre for Reproductive Health, University of Edinburgh
BJOG 111:765-70. 2004
..The lack of the intervention effect may be related to the complexity of the guideline recommendations and the nature of the implementation strategy...
- Increasing use of a new health technology during the wait for NICE guidance: findings from the third national tracker survey of photodynamic therapy
The Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
J Public Health (Oxf) 26:52-5. 2004
..Over three annual tracker surveys, we describe trends in the provision of PDT in the NHS and potential difficulties in the implementation of NICE guidance...
- Evidence-based reproductive health care: getting evidence into practice
Centre for Health Services Research, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 21 Claremont Place, Newcastle-upon-Tyne NE2 4AA, UK
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 30:17-20. 2004
- Appropriate disclosure of a diagnosis of dementia: identifying the key behaviours of 'best practice'
Institute of Health and Society, Newcastle University, The Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 8:95. 2008