Helen E Foster
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Musculoskeletal screening examination (pGALS) for school-age children based on the adult GALS screenH E Foster
The Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle, UK
Arthritis Rheum 55:709-16. 2006..To develop and validate a musculoskeletal screening examination applicable to school-age children based on the adult Gait, Arms, Legs, Spine (GALS) screen...
- Outcome in adults with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: a quality of life studyHelen E Foster
Rheumatology, School of Clinical Medical Sciences, Medical School, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Arthritis Rheum 48:767-75. 2003..To evaluate quality of life (QOL) in adults with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), using validated measures of functional disability and generic health status, and to quantify their educational attainment and employment status...
- Delivery of paediatric rheumatology care in the UK--the projected shortfallHelen E Foster
Musculoskeletal Research Group, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Medical School, Newcastle University, Catherine Cookson Building, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
Clin Rheumatol 30:679-83. 2011..This will result in a shortfall in clinical provision as their replacements in adult rheumatology will not have had appropriate PRh training. This projected shortfall needs to be addressed in future workforce planning...
- Ensuring that all paediatricians and rheumatologists recognise significant rheumatic diseasesHelen Foster
Newcastle University, Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 23:625-42. 2009..However, most generalists are ill equipped to be able to do so, because of current deficiencies in education and training. The aims of this article are as follows:..
- Delay in access to appropriate care for children presenting with musculoskeletal symptoms and ultimately diagnosed with juvenile idiopathic arthritisH E Foster
Musculoskeletal Research Group, School Clinical Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Arthritis Rheum 57:921-7. 2007..To document pathways of care, management, and interval from onset of symptoms to first pediatric rheumatology multidisciplinary team (PRhMDT) assessment for children with incident juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)...
- Autologous haematopoeitic stem cell rescue (AHSCR) for severe rheumatic disease in children: guidance for BSPAR members--executive summaryH Foster
School Clinical Medical Science Rheumatology, Medical School, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:1570-1. 2006
- Is musculoskeletal history and examination so different in paediatrics?Helen E Foster
Musculoskeletal Research Group, Medical School, University of Newcastle, Framlington Place, Catherine Cookson Building, NE2 4HH Newcastle, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 20:241-62. 2006..There is evidence that physician clinical skills in MSK assessment are inadequate, probably as a result of systemic deficiencies in the education process. Current and proposed solutions are discussed...
- Dental disease in children with chronic illnessH Foster
University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Arch Dis Child 90:703-8. 2005..We present preventive measures, evidence based where available, that may improve dental care and promote the role of paediatric dental services in the multidisciplinary management of chronic disease...
- Pediatric regional examination of the musculoskeletal system: a practice- and consensus-based approachHelen Foster
Newcastle University, UK
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 63:1503-10. 2011..The aim was to develop a regional MSK examination for school-age children that is age appropriate and reflects clinical practice...
- Doctors likely to encounter children with musculoskeletal complaints have low confidence in their clinical skillsSharmila Jandial
Musculoskeletal Research Group, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
J Pediatr 154:267-71. 2009..To assess self-rated confidence in pediatric musculoskeletal (pMSK) clinical assessment in trainees and experienced doctors in primary care and selected secondary care specialties to whom children with MSK problems are likely to present...
- Autologous T cell depleted haematopoietic stem cell transplantation in children with severe juvenile idiopathic arthritis in the UK (2000-2007)Mario Abinun
Department of Paediatric Immunology, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Mol Immunol 47:46-51. 2009..Here we report on the outcome and transplant-related complications...
- Old challenges and new directions in pediatric rheumatologyDavid A Cabral
Department of Rheumatology, Division of Pediatrics, B C Children s Hospital, University of British Columbia UBC, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Rheumatol 33:173-84. 2006..Speakers were past and present fellows, local basic science and adult rheumatology colleagues, and pediatric rheumatologists from the Pacific North West...