Mark C Field
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Field M, Carrington M. The trypanosome flagellar pocket. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2009;7:775-86 pubmed publisher..In this Review we discuss the contribution of the flagellar pocket to protein trafficking, immune evasion and other processes. ..
- Koumandou V, Dacks J, Coulson R, Field M. Control systems for membrane fusion in the ancestral eukaryote; evolution of tethering complexes and SM proteins. BMC Evol Biol. 2007;7:29 pubmed..However, the independent origin of the tethering complexes suggests a novel pattern for increasing complexity in the membrane trafficking system, in addition to the pattern of paralogous machinery elaboration seen thus far. ..
- Field M, Natesan S, Gabernet Castello C, Koumandou V. Intracellular trafficking in the trypanosomatids. Traffic. 2007;8:629-39 pubmed....
- Field M, Sali A, Rout M. Evolution: On a bender--BARs, ESCRTs, COPs, and finally getting your coat. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:963-72 pubmed publisher..These new insights have had a profound impact on our understanding of the evolutionary origins of the internal architecture of the eukaryotic cell...
- Field M, Horn D, Alsford S, Koreny L, Rout M. Telomeres, tethers and trypanosomes. Nucleus. 2012;3:478-86 pubmed publisher..We discuss these and other recent findings on the organization of nuclei in diverse organisms, and the implications of these findings for the evolutionary origin of eukaryotes. ..