Melanie A Ferguson
Affiliation: University of Nottingham
- Communication, listening, cognitive and speech perception skills in children with auditory processing disorder (APD) or Specific Language Impairment (SLI)Melanie A Ferguson
Medical Research Council Institute of Hearing Research Clinical Section, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Speech Lang Hear Res 54:211-27. 2011..The primary aim was to identify whether there were differences between these characteristics in children with SLI or APD...
- Training speech-in-noise perception in mainstream school childrenKerri E Millward
MRC Institute of Hearing Research, University Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 75:1408-17. 2011..The aim of this experiment was to assess if sentence-in-noise perception could be improved using simpler auditory training stimuli...
- Efficacy of individual computer-based auditory training for people with hearing loss: a systematic review of the evidenceHelen Henshaw
NIHR Nottingham Hearing Biomedical Research Unit, Nottingham, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e62836. 2013..Auditory training involves active listening to auditory stimuli and aims to improve performance in auditory tasks. As such, auditory training is a potential intervention for the management of people with hearing loss...
- Development of auditory processing in 6- to 11-yr-old childrenDavid R Moore
MRC Institute of Hearing Research, University Park, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Ear Hear 32:269-85. 2011..This study also informs choices on the selection of tests for clinical evaluation of hearing and listening (e.g., for auditory processing disorder)...
- Computer skills and internet use in adults aged 50-74 years: influence of hearing difficultiesHelen Henshaw
NIHR National Biomedical Research Unit in Hearing, School of Clinical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Med Internet Res 14:e113. 2012..Although PC skill and Internet use by demographic factors have been examined previously, data do not currently exist that examine the effects of hearing difficulties on PC skill or Internet use in older adults...