Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Recombinant adeno-associated viral vector (rAAV) delivery of GDNF provides protection against 6-OHDA lesion in the common marmoset monkey (Callithrix jacchus)Andisheh Eslamboli
Department of Experimental Psychology, Downing Street, University of Cambridge, CB2 3EB, Cambridge, UK
Exp Neurol 184:536-48. 2003..Therefore, our study provides evidence for the behavioural and anatomical efficacy of GDNF delivered via an rAAV vector as a possible treatment for Parkinson's disease...
- Continuous low-level glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor delivery using recombinant adeno-associated viral vectors provides neuroprotection and induces behavioral recovery in a primate model of Parkinson's diseaseAndisheh Eslamboli
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3EB, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 25:769-77. 2005..We conclude that when delivered continuously, a low level of GDNF in the striatum (approximately threefold above baseline) is sufficient to provide optimal functional outcome...
- Long-term consequences of human alpha-synuclein overexpression in the primate ventral midbrainAndisheh Eslamboli
Department of Experimental Psychology, Downing Street, Cambridge, UK
Brain 130:799-815. 2007....
- Sensorimotor deficits in a unilateral intrastriatal 6-OHDA partial lesion model of Parkinson's disease in marmoset monkeysAndisheh Eslamboli
Department of Experimental Psychology, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EB, UK
Exp Neurol 183:418-29. 2003..This model has potential in assessing treatments for PD aimed at curtailing disease progression such as continuous delivery of neurotrophic factors...
- Marmoset monkey models of Parkinson's disease: which model, when and why?Andisheh Eslamboli
Department of Experimental Psychology, Cambridge University, Cambridge CB2 3EB, UK
Brain Res Bull 68:140-9. 2005..The appropriateness of each of these marmoset models for the assessment of treatments depends on several factors including the experimental aim of the study and whether emphasis is placed on the analysis of behavioural deficits...
- Assessment of GDNF in primate models of Parkinson's disease: comparison with human studiesAndisheh Eslamboli
Department of Experimental Psychology, Cambridge University, UK
Rev Neurosci 16:303-10. 2005..The development of these vectors may be the way forward for GDNF treatment...
- Time-dependent increase in Nogo-A expression after focal cerebral ischemia in marmoset monkeysAndisheh Eslamboli
Neurology and GI CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline, New Frontiers Science Park North, Third Avenue, Harlow, Essex CM19 5AW, United Kingdom
Neurosci Lett 408:89-93. 2006..Future studies will determine whether this offers the opportunity to promote plasticity by targeting Nogo-A weeks or months following stroke...