Affiliation: University of Southampton
- Anaphylaxis as an adverse event following immunisation in the UK and IrelandMichel Erlewyn-Lajeunesse
The Children s Allergy Clinic, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Arch Dis Child 97:487-90. 2012..The aim of the present study was to estimate the incidence and clinical presentation of anaphylaxis as an AEFI using prospective active surveillance...
- Influenza immunization in egg allergy: an update for the 2011-2012 seasonM Erlewyn-Lajeunesse
Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Southampton, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 41:1367-70. 2011..Recent experience suggests that some vaccines with very low ovalbumin concentrations may be safe for use in primary care in carefully assessed low-risk individuals...
- Bronchoalveolar lavage MMP-9 and TIMP-1 in preschool wheezers and their relationship to persistent wheezeMichel D S Erlewyn-Lajeunesse
Allergy and Inflammation Sciences, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Pediatr Res 64:194-9. 2008..The processes involved with airway remodeling are complex but excess TIMP-1 may impede matrix protein turnover and thereby contribute to persistent changes in airway structure and wheezing...
- Anaphylaxis following single component measles and rubella immunisationM Erlewyn-Lajeunesse
Paediatric Allergy, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Southampton University Hospital, Southampton, UK
Arch Dis Child 93:974-5. 2008..Our calculations were hampered by lack of immunisation reporting data from the private sector. We recommend that NHS standards of vaccine data reporting are also applied to private clinics...
- Diagnostic utility of two case definitions for anaphylaxis: a comparison using a retrospective case notes analysis in the UKMichel Erlewyn-Lajeunesse
Paediatric Allergy, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Southampton, UK
Drug Saf 33:57-64. 2010..This will be important in the recognition of anaphylaxis resulting from the administration of drug and vaccines, where causality should be examined separately from case ascertainment...
- Homeopathic medicines for childrenM Erlewyn-Lajeunesse
Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Arch Dis Child 97:135-8. 2012..The role of integrated medicine in the National Health Service is also reviewed with identification of research priorities...