Genomes and Genes
William R English
Affiliation: University of Sheffield
- LPS activates ADAM9 dependent shedding of ACE from endothelial cellsWilliam R English
Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, The Li Ka Shing Centre, Robinson Way CB2 0RE, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 421:70-5. 2012..Transient transfection of ADAM9 and ACE cDNAs into HEK293 cells demonstrated that ADAM9 requires both membrane anchorage and its catalytic domain to shed ACE...
- Overexpression of the oncostatin M receptor in cervical squamous cell carcinoma cells is associated with a pro-angiogenic phenotype and increased cell motility and invasivenessDavid M Winder
Medical Research Council Cancer Cell Unit, Hutchison MRC Research Centre, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 0XZ, UK
J Pathol 225:448-62. 2011..OSMR is a potential prognostic and therapeutic target in cervical SCC. The genes that mediate OSM:OSMR effects will be valuable indicators of the effectiveness of antibody blockade in pre-clinical systems...
- MT1-MMP regulates VEGF-A expression through a complex with VEGFR-2 and SrcPatricia A Eisenach
University of Cambridge, Department of Oncology, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0RE, UK
J Cell Sci 123:4182-93. 2010..The signalling cascade dependent on the MT1-MMP-VEGFR-2-Src complex activated Akt and mTOR, ultimately leading to increased VEGF-A transcription...
- Golgi reassembly stacking protein 55 interacts with membrane-type (MT) 1-matrix metalloprotease (MMP) and furin and plays a role in the activation of the MT1-MMP zymogenChristian Roghi
Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, The Li Ka Shing Centre, UK
FEBS J 277:3158-75. 2010..Taken together, these data suggest that GRASP55 may function as an adaptor protein coupling MT1-MMP with furin, thus leading to the activation of the zymogen...
- A heterogeneous in vitro three dimensional model of tumour-stroma interactions regulating sprouting angiogenesisPedro Correa de Sampaio
University of Cambridge, Department of Oncology, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e30753. 2012..Finally, using this technique, we were able to show the requirement of the metalloproteinase MT1-MMP in endothelial cells and fibroblasts, but not cancer cells, for sprouting angiogenesis...
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor induces endothelial capillary formation through induction of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase expression in vitroDavia Krubasik
Cancer Research UK, Cambridge Research Institute, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 122:1261-72. 2008....
- Modulation of integrin α4β1 by ADAM28 promotes lymphocyte adhesion and transendothelial migrationOwen J McGinn
Department of Oncology, Cambridge University, Cancer Research UK, Cambridge Research Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, U K
Cell Biol Int 35:1043-53. 2011....