Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Implementing the role of the primary care mental health worker: a qualitative studyElizabeth England
Department of Primary Care and General Practice, Medical School, The University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Br J Gen Pract 57:204-11. 2007..Primary care mental health workers are a new role recently introduced into primary care in England to help manage patients with common mental health problems...
- Collaborating to provide early-intervention services to persons in England with first-episode psychosisElizabeth England
Department of Primary Care Clinical Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Psychiatr Serv 60:1484-8. 2009..One important challenge in implementing early-intervention policy is to develop workable, integrated partnership across a number of diverse organizational boundaries, particularly with child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS)...
- Patient involvement in primary care mental health: a focus group studyHelen Lester
Department of Primary Care, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham
Br J Gen Pract 56:415-22. 2006..Patient involvement in health care is a strong political driver in the NHS. However in spite of policy prominence, there has been only limited previous work exploring patient involvement for people with serious mental illness...
- Satisfaction with primary care: the perspectives of people with schizophreniaHelen Lester
Department of Primary Care and General Practice, Medical School, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Fam Pract 20:508-13. 2003..Schizophrenia affects up to 1% of the population in the UK. People with schizophrenia use the National Health Service frequently and over a long period of time. However, their views on satisfaction with primary care are rarely sought...
- Cluster randomised controlled trial of the effectiveness of primary care mental health workersHelen Lester
Department of Primary Care and General Practice, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Br J Gen Pract 57:196-203. 2007..Mental health issues are a core part of the work of primary care and are the second most common reason for consultations. There is some evidence that the quality of primary care mental health provision is variable...
- Can GPs working in secure environments in England re-license using the Royal College of General Practitioners revalidation proposals?Jane Coomber
Primary Care Clinical Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
BMC Fam Pract 13:123. 2012..The aim of this study was to explore the feasibility of GPs working in secure environments to collect supporting information for the Royal College of General Practitioners' (RCGP) proposed revalidation portfolio...
- Improving the management of dementiaElizabeth England
BMJ 332:681-2. 2006
- Barriers and facilitators to partnership working between Early Intervention Services and the voluntary and community sectorHelen Lester
National Primary Care Research and Development Centre, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Health Soc Care Community 16:493-500. 2008....