Affiliation: University of Derby
- Pain coping and acceptance as longitudinal predictors of health-related quality of life among people with haemophilia-related joint painJ Elander
Department of Psychology, University of Derby, UK
Eur J Pain 17:929-38. 2013....
- A brief haemophilia pain coping questionnaireJ Elander
University of Derby, Derby, UK
Haemophilia 14:1039-48. 2008..The short form is a convenient brief measure of pain coping with good psychometric properties, and could be used to extend research on pain coping in haemophilia...
- An assessment of the relative influence of pain coping, negative thoughts about pain, and pain acceptance on health-related quality of life among people with hemophiliaJames Elander
University of Derby, Kedleston Road, Derby DE22 1GB, UK
Pain 145:169-75. 2009..The findings suggest that quality of life in hemophilia could potentially be improved by interventions to increase pain acceptance and reduce negative thoughts about pain...
- Respect, trust, and the management of sickle cell disease pain in hospital: comparative analysis of concern-raising behaviors, preliminary model, and agenda for international collaborative research to inform practiceJames Elander
Department of Psychology, University of Derby, Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB, UK
Ethn Health 16:405-21. 2011..Systematic comparisons between treatment settings could help identify contextual influences on respect and trust...
- Randomized trial of a DVD intervention to improve readiness to self-manage joint painJames Elander
Centre for Psychological Research, University of Derby, Derby, UK
Pain 152:2333-41. 2011..The findings are consistent with a 2-phase, motivational-volitional model of pain self-management, and provide the first insights to our knowledge of readiness to self-manage pain in hemophilia...
- Analgesic use and pain coping among patients with haemophiliaJ Elander
Department of Psychology, London Metropolitan University, London, UK
Haemophilia 9:202-13. 2003....