Conrad P Earnest
Affiliation: University of Bath
- Interval training in men at risk for insulin resistanceC P Earnest
Sport, Health and Exercise Science, Department for Health, University of Bath, Bath, United Kingdom
Int J Sports Med 34:355-63. 2013..05). Eucaloric AER and INT appear to affect fasting glucose, OGTT and VO2max similarly, while INT may have a greater impact on HOMA-IR and zMS...
- Maximal estimated cardiorespiratory fitness, cardiometabolic risk factors, and metabolic syndrome in the aerobics center longitudinal studyConrad P Earnest
Department for Health Sport, Health, and Exercise Science, University of Bath, Bath, United Kingdom
Mayo Clin Proc 88:259-70. 2013..To examine the relationship between estimated maximal cardiorespiratory fitness (CRF) and metabolic syndrome (MetSyn)...
- Complementary effects of multivitamin and omega-3 fatty acid supplementation on indices of cardiovascular health in individuals with elevated homocysteineConrad P Earnest
Department for Health, Sport, Health and Exercise Science, University of Bath, UK
Int J Vitam Nutr Res 82:41-52. 2012..71, 95 %CI, - 0.93, - 0.46) groups, both significant vs. placebo (- 0.10, 95 %CI, - 0.36, 0.17) and MVit groups (0.15, 95 %CI, - 12, 0.42). The co-ingestion of MVit + N3 provides synergistic affects on HCY, hsCRP, and plasma TG...
- Dose effect of cardiorespiratory exercise on metabolic syndrome in postmenopausal womenConrad P Earnest
Department for Health, University of Bath, Bath, United Kingdom
Am J Cardiol 111:1805-11. 2013..Greater levels of energy expenditure appear to enhance this effect by incorporating a greater number of requisite MS composite scores...
- Cut points of muscle strength associated with metabolic syndrome in menMartin Senechal
1Manitoba Institute of Child Health, Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA 2Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA 3Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA 4Department of Kinesiology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 5Department of Health, University of Bath, Bath, UNITED KINGDOM 6Department of Exercise Science, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC and 7Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
Med Sci Sports Exerc 46:1475-81. 2014..The loss of muscle strength with age increases the likelihood of chronic conditions, including metabolic syndrome (MetS). However, the minimal threshold of muscle strength at which the risk for MetS increases has never been established...
- Aerobic and strength training in concomitant metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetesConrad P Earnest
1Department for Health, University of Bath, Bath, UNITED KINGDOM 2School of Kinesiology, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 3Department of Kinesiology, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 4Division of Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 5Universidad Europea and Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Hospital 12 de Octubre i 12, Madrid, SPAIN 6Division of Preventive Medicine, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA and 7Cardiac Rehabilitation and Prevention, Ochsner Clinical School, University of Queensland School of Medicine, John Ochsner Heart and Vascular Institute, New Orleans, LA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 46:1293-301. 2014....