Affiliation: University of Southampton
- Adverse effects associated with the use of donepezil in general practice in EnglandN R Dunn
Drug Safety Research Unit, Bursledon Hall, Southampton, UK
J Psychopharmacol 14:406-8. 2000..Given the relatively small size of this cohort, the signals of abnormal dreams and psychiatric disturbance as possible adverse drug reactions need further investigation in carefully planned studies...
- The relationship between use of oral contraceptives and myocardial infarction in young women with fatal outcome, compared to those who survive: results from the MICA case-control studyN R Dunn
Primary Medical Care, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton SO16, 5ST UK
Contraception 63:65-9. 2001..Further work is required before any change in contraceptive practice should be advocated...
- Short course in pharmacoepidemiology and pharmacovigilance at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical MedicineNick Dunn
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Drug Saf 25:1045-6. 2002..A successful completion results in a certificate from the University of London, and the course is accredited for continuing pharmacy and medical education purposes...
- 10-minute consultation: adverse drug eventNick Dunn
School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton SO16 5ST
BMJ 326:1018. 2003
- Practical issues around putting the patient at the centre of careNick Dunn
Primary Medical Care, University of Southampton, Aldermoor Health Centre, Aldermoor Close, Southampton SO16 5ST, UK
J R Soc Med 96:325-7. 2003
- Does lithium therapy protect against the onset of dementia?Nick Dunn
Primary Medical Care, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 19:20-2. 2005..8, 95% CI 1.1-2.8). There was a trend toward increasing risk with increasing numbers of lithium prescriptions. This evidence does not support the use of lithium for preventing dementia...
- Association between dementia and infectious disease: evidence from a case-control studyNicholas Dunn
University of Southampton, UK
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 19:91-4. 2005..Smoking and diabetes mellitus are associated with onset of dementia in the elderly. The evidence from this study may represent cause and effect, since there is a credible biologic explanation...
- Use of antibiotics for sore throat and incidence of quinsyNick Dunn
University of Southampton, Biomedical Sciences Building, Southampton, SO16 7PX
Br J Gen Pract 57:45-9. 2007..Quinsy is the most common major suppurative complication of sore throat. Evidence on the effectiveness of antibiotics in preventing quinsy is sparse...