Alison J Dunkley
Affiliation: University of Leicester
- Diabetes Prevention in the Real World: Effectiveness of Pragmatic Lifestyle Interventions for the Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes and of the Impact of Adherence to Guideline Recommendations: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysisAlison J Dunkley
Corresponding author Alison J Dunkley
Diabetes Care 37:922-33. 2014..However, more research is needed to establish optimal strategies for maximizing both cost-effectiveness and longer-term maintenance of weight loss and diabetes prevention effects. ..
- A cross sectional survey of secondary prevention measures in patients with peripheral arterial disease in primary careAlison Dunkley
Division of General Practice and Primary Health Care, Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester General Hospital, Leicester, UK
Postgrad Med J 83:602-5. 2007..The National Service Framework for coronary heart disease (CHD) defines standards for the secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease in at risk individuals, including those with peripheral arterial disease (PAD)...
- Is having a family history of type 2 diabetes or cardiovascular disease a predictive factor for metabolic syndrome?Alison J Dunkley
Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom
Prim Care Diabetes 3:49-56. 2009..Also, to establish if the association is different for South Asians compared to White Europeans, and for obese compared to non-obese individuals...
- Waist circumference measurement: knowledge, attitudes and barriers in patients and practitioners in a multi-ethnic populationAlison J Dunkley
Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester and University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, UK
Fam Pract 26:365-71. 2009..The primary health care team are ideally suited to screen for people at high risk of glucose intolerance and increased cardiovascular risk using waist circumference measurement (WCM)...
- The Reversal Intervention for Metabolic Syndrome (TRIMS) study: rationale, design, and baseline dataAlison J Dunkley
Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Trials 12:107. 2011..This paper describes the rationale and design of the TRIMS study, including intervention development, and presents baseline data...