Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University College London
- Application of statistical and functional methodologies for the investigation of genetic determinants of coronary heart disease biomarkers: lipoprotein lipase genotype and plasma triglycerides as an exemplarAndrew J P Smith
Division of Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Medicine, University College London, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JF, UK
Hum Mol Genet 19:3936-47. 2010..We believe that this methodology could be successfully applied to future re-sequencing data...
- Increase of plasma fibrinogen levels and variability with age in a sample of middle aged healthy menF Drenos
Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Medicine, British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London WC1E 6JF, UK
Ann Hum Genet 71:43-53. 2007..005). The age-associated changes observed in the fibrinogen variability and the association of phenotype to genotype are discussed in light of the evolutionary theory, and their implications are considered...
- The use of meta-analysis risk estimates for candidate genes in combination to predict coronary heart disease riskF Drenos
Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, Dept of Medicine, British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Rayne Building, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London WC1E 6JF, UK
Ann Hum Genet 71:611-9. 2007..Whether this particular group of 10 SNPs will improve the accuracy of CHD predictions over the combination of classical risk factors in clinical use requires further experimental evidence...
- Selection on alleles affecting human longevity and late-life disease: the example of apolipoprotein EFotios Drenos
Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e10022. 2010..Our result may explain the recent evolutionary history of the epsilon 2, 3 and 4 alleles of the apolipoprotein E gene and has wider relevance for genes affecting human longevity...
- APOE, CETP and LPL genes show strong association with lipid levels in Greek childrenM C Smart
Division of Cardiovascular Genetics, British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Department of Medicine, Royal Free and UCL Medical School, London, UK
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 20:26-33. 2010....
- Haplotype and genotype effects of the F7 gene on circulating factor VII, coagulation activation markers and incident coronary heart disease in UK menG Ken-Dror
Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, BHF Laboratories, The Rayne Building, Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
J Thromb Haemost 8:2394-403. 2010..We examined whether F7 tagging SNPs (tSNPs) and haplotypes were associated with FVII levels, coagulation activation markers (CAMs) and CHD risk in two cohorts of UK men...
- Variants of ADRA2A are associated with fasting glucose, blood pressure, body mass index and type 2 diabetes risk: meta-analysis of four prospective studiesP J Talmud
Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Medicine, University College London, 5 University St, London, WC1E 6JF, UK
Diabetologia 54:1710-9. 2011..We quantified the effect of ADRA2A (encoding α-2 adrenergic receptor) variants on metabolic traits and type 2 diabetes risk, as reported in four studies...
- Candidate gene association studies in abdominal aortic aneurysm disease: a review and meta-analysisA R Thompson
Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Royal Free and University College London Medical School, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JF, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 35:19-30. 2008..Candidate gene analysis has been frequently used in attempts to understand the pathological processes involved in many aspects of AAA disease...