Affiliation: University College London
- Evidence for segregated and integrative connectivity patterns in the human Basal GangliaBogdan Draganski
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, Institute of Neurology, UCL, London WC1N 3BG, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 28:7143-52. 2008..We believe that this method can be used to examine pathophysiological concepts in a number of basal ganglia-related disorders...
- Detection of cardiac right-to-left shunts by contrast-enhanced harmonic carotid duplex sonographyBogdan Draganski
Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, Germany
J Ultrasound Med 24:1071-6. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine whether extracranial sonography (ECS) using harmonic frequencies improves detection of RLS...
- Automatic classification of MR scans in Alzheimer's diseaseStefan Kloppel
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London, UK
Brain 131:681-9. 2008..Thirdly, the method is robust and can be generalized across different centres. This suggests an important role for computer based diagnostic image analysis for clinical practice...
- White matter connections reflect changes in voluntary-guided saccades in pre-symptomatic Huntington's diseaseStefan Kloppel
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, Institute if Neurology, UCL, London, UK
Brain 131:196-204. 2008..Our findings suggest a specific patho-physiological basis for these symptoms by indicating selective vulnerability of the associated white matter tracts...
- A comparison between voxel-based cortical thickness and voxel-based morphometry in normal agingChloe Hutton
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, UCL Institute of Neurology, University College London, 12 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK
Neuroimage 48:371-80. 2009..We therefore propose that used together, these techniques can separate the underlying grey matter changes, highlighting the utility of combining these complementary methods...
- Modulatory effects of 5Hz rTMS over the primary somatosensory cortex in focal dystonia--an fMRI-TMS studySusanne A Schneider
Sobell Department of Motor Neuroscience and Movement Disorders, UCL, Institute of Neurology, London WC1N 3BG, United Kingdom
Mov Disord 25:76-83. 2010..Alternatively, the increased BG activation seen in the baseline state without rTMS may reflect a compensatory strategy that saturates a BG contribution to this task...
- Dynamic properties of human brain structure: learning-related changes in cortical areas and associated fiber connectionsMarco Taubert
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Department of Neurology, Leipzig, Germany
J Neurosci 30:11670-7. 2010....
- Temporal and spatial dynamics of brain structure changes during extensive learningBogdan Draganski
Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
J Neurosci 26:6314-7. 2006..These results indicate that the acquisition of a great amount of highly abstract information may be related to a particular pattern of structural gray matter changes in particular brain areas...
- Interpreting scan data acquired from multiple scanners: a study with Alzheimer's diseaseCynthia M Stonnington
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, Institute of Neurology, UCL, London, UK
Neuroimage 39:1180-5. 2008..Similar analyses in other multi-scanner data-sets could be used to justify the pooling of data when needed, such as in studies of rare disorders or in multi-center designs...
- Voxel-based morphometry reveals reduced grey matter volume in the temporal cortex of developmental prosopagnosicsLucia Garrido
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, Alexandra House, 17 Queen Square, London WC1N3AR, UK
Brain 132:3443-55. 2009....
- Altered brain mechanisms of emotion processing in pre-manifest Huntington's diseaseMarianne J U Novak
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, University College London Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK
Brain 135:1165-79. 2012..Overall, these findings suggest that pathophysiological effects of Huntington's disease may precede the development of overt clinical symptoms and detectable cerebral atrophy...
- Neuroplasticity: changes in grey matter induced by trainingBogdan Draganski
Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg 93053, Germany
Nature 427:311-2. 2004
- How the brain translates money into force: a neuroimaging study of subliminal motivationMathias Pessiglione
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, Institute of Neurology, University College London, 12 Queen Square London WC1N 3BG, UK
Science 316:904-6. 2007..Our findings thus reveal this region as a key node in brain circuitry that enables expected rewards to energize behavior, without the need for the subjects;awareness...
- Observation on the integrity of the blood-brain barrier after microbubble destruction by diagnostic transcranial color-coded sonographyFelix Schlachetzki
Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, Bezirksklinikum Regensburg, Germany
J Ultrasound Med 21:419-29. 2002..To investigate alteration of the blood-brain barrier from ultrasonic contrast agent destruction by diagnostic transcranial color-coded sonography using gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging...
- Bilateral thalamic gray matter changes in patients with restless legs syndromeThorleif Etgen
Department of Neurology, Technical University of Munich TU, Germany
Neuroimage 24:1242-7. 2005..These changes in thalamic structures are either involved in the pathogenesis of RLS or may reflect a consequence of chronic increase in afferent input of behaviorally relevant information...
- Transcranial ultrasound brain perfusion assessment with a contrast agent-specific imaging mode: results of a two-center trialThilo Holscher
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Stroke 36:2283-5. 2005..The purpose of this study was to assess brain perfusion with an ultrasound contrast-specific imaging mode and to prove if the results are comparable between 2 centers using a standardized study protocol...
- Brain perfusion imaging of a craniopharyngioma by transcranial duplex sonographyThilo Holscher
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, Medical Center, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103 8756, USA
J Neuroimaging 13:303-6. 2003..The aim of this study was to test a new ultrasound software tool to assess pathological perfusion in a brain tumor patient...