Affiliation: University of Bradford
- Effectiveness of educational interventions in improving detection and management of dementia in primary care: cluster randomised controlled studyMurna Downs
Bradford Dementia Group, Division of Dementia Studies, School of Health Studies, University of Bradford, Bradford BD5 0BB
BMJ 332:692-6. 2006..To test the effectiveness of educational interventions in improving detection rates and management of dementia in primary care...
- Caring for people with dementiaMurna Downs
BMJ 336:225-6. 2008
- Development of an awareness-based intervention to enhance quality of life in severe dementia: trial platformLinda Clare
School of Psychology, Bangor University, Gwynedd LL57 2AS, UK
Trials 11:73. 2010..This trial platform study aims to assist care staff in perceiving and responding to subtle signs of awareness and thus enhance their practice...
- The role of higher education in transforming the quality of dementia care: dementia studies at the University of BradfordM Downs
Bradford Dementia Group, Division of Dementia Studies, School of Health Studies, Bradford University, Bradford, West Yorkshire, U K
Int Psychogeriatr 21:S3-S15. 2009....
- Explanatory models of dementia: links to end-of-life careMurna Downs
Dementia Studies, Bradfor Dementia Group
Int J Palliat Nurs 12:209-13. 2006....
- General practitioners' knowledge, confidence and attitudes in the diagnosis and management of dementiaStephen Turner
Centre for Social Research on Dementia, Department of Applied Social Sciences, University of Stirling, Stirling, Scotland, UK
Age Ageing 33:461-7. 2004..To measure general practitioners' knowledge of, confidence with and attitudes to the diagnosis and management of dementia in primary care...
- Awareness in dementia: in the eye of the beholderMurna Downs
Aging Ment Health 9:381-3. 2005
- Enabling frail older people with a communication difficulty to express their views: the use of Talking Mats as an interview toolJoan Murphy
Department of Psychology, University of Stirling, Stirling, UK
Health Soc Care Community 13:95-107. 2005..The study concludes that Talking Mats is a useful and enjoyable method of allowing frail older people with a communication disability to express views which they have difficulty conveying otherwise...
- 'I don't do like I used to do': a grounded theory approach to conceptualising awareness in people with moderate to severe dementia living in long-term careLinda Clare
Bangor University, Bangor, Gwynedd, UK
Soc Sci Med 66:2366-77. 2008..Understanding more about the capacity for retained awareness and the specific ways in which awareness can be compromised may assist care staff in responding effectively to residents' needs...
- An exploratory survey into primary care nurses and dementia careMichelle Bryans
University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Br J Nurs 12:1029-37. 2003..Lower scores on all domains were recorded for practice nurses than for district nurses or health visitors...