J K Dowman
Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Long-term impact of liver transplantation on respiratory function and nutritional status in children and adults with cystic fibrosisJ K Dowman
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Am J Transplant 12:954-64. 2012..6 kg/m(2) (range 16.4-22.7) 5 years posttransplant. In conclusion, LT is an effective treatment for selected patients with cirrhosis due to CFLD, stabilizing aspects of long-term lung function and preserving nutritional status...
- Liver transplantation for acute intermittent porphyria is complicated by a high rate of hepatic artery thrombosisJoanna K Dowman
Liver Unit, Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Liver Transpl 18:195-200. 2012..There is, however, an increased incidence of HAT in these patients, and we recommend routine antiplatelet therapy after transplantation...
- Recurrent acute hepatic dysfunction in severe anorexia nervosaJoanna Dowman
Liver Unit, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Int J Eat Disord 43:770-2. 2010..Therapeutic intervention comprising volume support with gradual nutritional support results in normalization of LFT's...
- Systematic review: the diagnosis and staging of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and non-alcoholic steatohepatitisJ K Dowman
Centre for Liver Research, Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 33:525-40. 2011..The identification and management of this at-risk group remains a clinical challenge...
- UK experience of liver transplantation for erythropoietic protoporphyriaJoanna K Dowman
Centre for Liver Research, 5th Floor, Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
J Inherit Metab Dis 34:539-45. 2011....
- Current therapeutic strategies in non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseJ K Dowman
Centre for Liver Research, Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 13:692-702. 2011..A multidisciplinary approach, with a major focus on lifestyle change, represents best treatment pending the development of new therapeutic options...