A C Dolphin
Affiliation: University College London
- Lana B, Schlick B, Martin S, Pratt W, Page K, Gonçalves L, et al. Differential upregulation in DRG neurons of an ?2?-1 splice variant with a lower affinity for gabapentin after peripheral sensory nerve injury. Pain. 2014;155:522-33 pubmed publisher..This variant could therefore play a role in determining the efficacy of gabapentin in neuropathic pain. ..
- Nieto Rostro M, Sandhu G, Bauer C, Jiruska P, Jefferys J, Dolphin A. Altered expression of the voltage-gated calcium channel subunit Î±â‚‚Î´-1: a comparison between two experimental models of epilepsy and a sensory nerve ligation model of neuropathic pain. Neuroscience. 2014;283:124-37 pubmed publisher
- Macabuag N, Dolphin A. Alternative Splicing in Ca(V)2.2 Regulates Neuronal Trafficking via Adaptor Protein Complex-1 Adaptor Protein Motifs. J Neurosci. 2015;35:14636-52 pubmed publisher..2 containing exon 37b, but not exon 37a, and activation by the agonist quinpirole reversed the effect of the D2R. Our work thus reveals key mechanisms involved in the trafficking of N-type calcium channels. ..
- Page K, Rothwell S, Dolphin A. The CaV? Subunit Protects the I-II Loop of the Voltage-gated Calcium Channel CaV2.2 from Proteasomal Degradation but Not Oligoubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:20402-16 pubmed publisher..We propose that targeting to the plasma membrane requires a conformational change in the I-II loop that is induced by binding of the CaV? subunit. ..
- Cassidy J, Ferron L, Kadurin I, Pratt W, Dolphin A. Functional exofacially tagged N-type calcium channels elucidate the interaction with auxiliary Î±2Î´-1 subunits. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:8979-84 pubmed publisher..2 and Î±2Î´-1 is not disrupted by gabapentin. Altogether, these results demonstrate that CaV2.2 and Î±2Î´-1 are intimately associated at the plasma membrane and allow us to infer a region of interaction. ..