G H Doherty
Affiliation: University of St Andrews
- Obesity and the ageing brain: could leptin play a role in neurodegeneration?G H Doherty
School of Biology, University of Street Andrews, Bute Building, West Burn Lane, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9TS, UK
Curr Gerontol Geriatr Res 2011:708154. 2011....
- Developmental switch in the effects of TNFalpha on ventral midbrain dopaminergic neuronsG H Doherty
School of Biology, University of St Andrews, Bute Medical Buildings, St Mary s Quad, St Andrews, Fife, Scotland, UK
Neurosci Res 57:296-305. 2007..This is the first report of a population of neurons exhibiting this switch in TNFalpha responsiveness during neurodevelopment...
- Homocysteine: more than just a matter of life and deathG H Doherty
School of Biology, University of St Andrews, Bute Building, West Burn Lane, St Andrews, Fife, Scotland, KY16 9TS, UK
Exp Neurol 205:5-8. 2007
- Neuroprotective actions of leptin on central and peripheral neurons in vitroG H Doherty
School of Biology, University of St Andrews, West Burn Lane, St Andrews, Fife, UK
Neuroscience 154:1297-307. 2008..These findings have important implications for our understanding of neuronal viability...
- Nitric oxide in neurodegeneration: potential benefits of non-steroidal anti-inflammatoriesGayle Helane Doherty
School of Biology, St Andrews University, St Andrews, Fife KY169TS, United Kingdom
Neurosci Bull 27:366-82. 2011..Thus NO and the pathways triggering its release are emerging as an important research focus in the search for strategies to prevent, halt or cure neurodegenerative diseases...
- Nitric oxide and peroxynitrite signalling triggers homocysteine-mediated apoptosis in trigeminal sensory neurons in vitroHannah M Williams
School of Biology, Bute Medical Buildings, St Andrew s University, St Mary s Quad, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9TS, UK
Neurosci Res 60:380-8. 2008..These findings are of importance to our understanding of homocysteine's influence on neurodevelopment and on peripheral neuropathies...