Paul D Dobson
Affiliation: University of Manchester
- Integration of metabolic databases for the reconstruction of genome-scale metabolic networksKarin Radrich
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
BMC Syst Biol 4:114. 2010..This process is further complicated by occurrences of missing or conflicting information and the absence of common annotation standards between different data sources...
- 'Metabolite-likeness' as a criterion in the design and selection of pharmaceutical drug librariesPaul D Dobson
School of Chemistry and The Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre, The University of Manchester, 131 Princess St, Manchester M1 7DN, UK
Drug Discov Today 14:31-40. 2009....
- Implications of the dominant role of transporters in drug uptake by cellsPaul D Dobson
School of Chemistry and Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre, The University of Manchester, 131 Princess Street, Manchester M17DN, UK
Curr Top Med Chem 9:163-81. 2009..Finally, the central importance of computational modelling of transporter substrate preferences by structure-activity relationships is discussed...
- Genome-wide assessment of the carriers involved in the cellular uptake of drugs: a model system in yeastKarin Lanthaler
School of Chemistry, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
BMC Biol 9:70. 2011..The recent recognition that drug uptake is mostly carrier-mediated raises the question of which drugs use which carriers...
- Pharmaceutical drug transport: the issues and the implications that it is essentially carrier-mediated onlyDouglas B Kell
School of Chemistry, The University of Manchester, 131 Princess St, Manchester, M1 7DN, UK
Drug Discov Today 16:704-14. 2011..The recognition that drugs necessarily require carriers for uptake into cells provides many opportunities for improving the effectiveness of the drug discovery process...
- The promiscuous binding of pharmaceutical drugs and their transporter-mediated uptake into cells: what we (need to) know and how we can do soDouglas B Kell
School of Chemistry, The University of Manchester, 131 Princess St, Manchester M1 7DN, UK
Drug Discov Today 18:218-39. 2013..This needs to be acquired in cells that contain the relevant proteins, and we highlight an experimental system for simultaneous genome-wide assessment of carrier-mediated uptake in a eukaryotic cell (yeast)...
- Carrier-mediated cellular uptake of pharmaceutical drugs: an exception or the rule?Paul D Dobson
School of Chemistry and Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre, University of Manchester, 131 Princess Street, Manchester M1 7DN, UK
Nat Rev Drug Discov 7:205-20. 2008....
- Further developments towards a genome-scale metabolic model of yeastPaul D Dobson
School of Chemistry, The University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
BMC Syst Biol 4:145. 2010....
- A simple approach to normalization for spectroscopic data miningPaul D Dobson
Faculty of Life Sciences, The University of Manchester, Sackville Street, P O Box 88, Manchester M60 1QD, UK
Appl Spectrosc 59:542-4. 2005