Affiliation: University College London
- Crystal structure of tobacco etch virus protease shows the protein C terminus bound within the active siteChristine M Nunn
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, UK
J Mol Biol 350:145-55. 2005..Data suggest that TEV protease could be inhibited by the peptide product of autolysis. Separate modes of recognition for native substrates and the site of TEV protease self-cleavage are proposed...
- Crystal structures of PI3K-C2alpha PX domain indicate conformational change associated with ligand bindingGary N Parkinson
Cancer Research UK Biomolecular Structure Group, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX, UK
BMC Struct Biol 8:13. 2008..All PX domains contain a canonical core structure with main differences exhibited within the loop regions forming the phosphoinositide binding pockets. It is within these areas that the molecular basis for ligand specificity originates...
- Structural insight into substrate specificity and regulatory mechanisms of phosphoinositide 3-kinasesSnezana Djordjevic
Bloomsbury Centre for Structural Biology and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University College London, London, UK WC1E 6BT
Trends Biochem Sci 27:426-32. 2002..Ongoing comprehensive structural and functional studies are essential to realize the promise of PI3K isozyme-specific therapeutic agents...
- Structural insights into the catalytic mechanism of Trypanosoma cruzi GPXI (glutathione peroxidase-like enzyme I)Shreenal Patel
Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology, Division of Biosciences, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Biochem J 425:513-22. 2010....
- Production of soluble human vascular endothelial growth factor VEGF-A165-heparin binding domain in Escherichia coliArefeh Seyedarabi
Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology, University College London, London, UK
PLoS ONE 8:e55690. 2013..The ability to produce significant quantities of a soluble active form of VEGF-A(165)-HBD will enable further studies addressing the role of VEGF-A in essential processes such as angiogenesis, vasculogenesis and vascular permeability...
- Characterization of a two-component signal transduction system that controls arsenite oxidation in the chemolithoautotroph NT-26Sunita Sardiwal
Division of Biosciences, Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology, University College London, London, UK
FEMS Microbiol Lett 313:20-8. 2010..Lastly, arsenite sensing does not appear to involve thiol chemistry...
- The mechanism of Mycobacterium tuberculosis alkylhydroperoxidase AhpD as defined by mutagenesis, crystallography, and kineticsAleksey Koshkin
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 2280, USA
J Biol Chem 278:29502-8. 2003..The collective results strongly support the proposed catalytic mechanism for AhpD...
- The crystal structure of Mycobacterium tuberculosis alkylhydroperoxidase AhpD, a potential target for antitubercular drug designChristine M Nunn
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University College, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:20033-40. 2002..tuberculosis biology...
- Discrimination between different methylation states of chemotaxis receptor Tar by receptor methyltransferase CheREduardo Perez
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine, Department of Biochemistry, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Biochemistry 43:953-61. 2004..It is likely that this complementarity is involved in discriminating different methylation states of the receptors...