Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Dundee
- Microtubule assembly by the Apc protein is regulated by importin-beta--RanGTPDina Dikovskaya
Division of Cell and Developmental Biology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
J Cell Sci 123:736-46. 2010..Thus, importin-beta binds to Apc and negatively regulates the MT-assembly and spindle-promoting activity of Apc in a Ran-regulatable manner...
- Loss of APC induces polyploidy as a result of a combination of defects in mitosis and apoptosisDina Dikovskaya
Division of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
J Cell Biol 176:183-95. 2007..We suggest that these defects amplify each other to increase the incidence of tetra- and polyploidy in early stages of tumorigenesis...
- The adenomatous polyposis coli protein is required for the formation of robust spindles formed in CSF Xenopus extractsDina Dikovskaya
Division of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Dundee, WTB MSI Complex, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland
Mol Biol Cell 15:2978-91. 2004..We propose that lack of microtubule binding in cancer-associated mutations of APC may contribute to defects in the assembly of mitotic spindles and lead to missegregation of chromosomes...
- Lack of adenomatous polyposis coli protein correlates with a decrease in cell migration and overall changes in microtubule stabilityKarin Kroboth
Division of Cell and Developmental Biology, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 18:910-8. 2007..These data demonstrate that cell migration and microtubule stability are linked to APC status, thereby revealing a weakness in APC-deficient cells with potential therapeutic implications...
- Dephosphorylation of the inhibitory phosphorylation site S287 in Xenopus Cdc25C by protein phosphatase-2A is inhibited by 14-3-3 bindingJames R A Hutchins
Biomedical Research Centre, Level 5, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, UK
FEBS Lett 528:267-71. 2002..The rate of dephosphorylation of S287 is not increased in mitotic extracts, indicating that the phosphorylation status of the site is likely to be controlled through modulation of kinases or 14-3-3 binding activity...
- Open microscopy environment and findspots: integrating image informatics with quantitative multidimensional image analysisDavid A Schiffmann
University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK
Biotechniques 41:199-208. 2006....