Jon M Dickson
Affiliation: University of Oxford
- Choice of cross size in stereology--a cautionary noteJ M Dickson
Department of Biomedical Science, Alfred Denny Building, University of Sheffield, Western Bank, Sheffield, S10 2TN, UK
Neuroradiology 45:896-9. 2003..Investigators should be aware of this fact, especially when trying to make direct comparisons between volume estimates derived from the stereological method using different cross sizes...
- Somatic symptom progression in idiopathic Parkinson's diseaseJon M Dickson
Academic Neurology Unit, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Glossop Road, Sheffield S10 2JF, UK
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 10:487-92. 2004..Although the sample size was relatively small, this is the first time this phenomenon has been described in a full-length article...
- The effects of dehydration on brain volume -- preliminary resultsJ M Dickson
Department of Biomedical Science, The University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Int J Sports Med 26:481-5. 2005..932, p=0.007). The changes in ventricular volume caused by dehydration were much larger than those seen in day-to-day fluctuations in a normally hydrated healthy control subject...
- Idiopathic generalised epilepsy: a pilot study of memory and neuronal dysfunction in the temporal lobes, assessed by magnetic resonance spectroscopyJ M Dickson
Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 77:834-40. 2006..IGE is therefore ideal for investigations on the effects of seizure activity on memory and cognition. Aim and..
- A six-year follow-up MRI study of complicated early childhood convulsionTom F D Farrow
Department of Academic Clinical Psychiatry, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Pediatr Neurol 35:257-60. 2006..Elevated hippocampal T2 relaxation times did not consistently accord with smaller hippocampal volumes. These results suggest that complicated early childhood convulsion may be less benign than often supposed...
- Smaller hippocampal volume in patients with recent-onset posttraumatic stress disorderEmma L Wignall
SCANLab, Academic Clinical Psychiatry, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Biol Psychiatry 56:832-6. 2004..To our knowledge only one other study has investigated such a group. The aim of this study was to compare hippocampal volumes of patients with recent onset PTSD and nontrauma-exposed control subjects...