Genomes and Genes
Amardeep S Dhillon
Affiliation: University of Glasgow
- MAP kinase signalling pathways in cancerA S Dhillon
The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Bearsden, Glasgow, UK
Oncogene 26:3279-90. 2007..The balance and integration between these signals may widely vary in different tumours, but are important for the outcome and the sensitivity to drug therapy...
- A Raf-1 mutant that dissociates MEK/extracellular signal-regulated kinase activation from malignant transformation and differentiation but not proliferationAmardeep S Dhillon
The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, CR UK Beatson Laboratories, Garscube Estate, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD, Scotland, UK
Mol Cell Biol 23:1983-93. 2003..The results further suggest that RafS259 mutants inhibit signaling pathways required to promote these biological processes...
- Phosphatase and feedback regulation of Raf-1 signalingAmardeep S Dhillon
Signaling and Proteomics Group, Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow, UK
Cell Cycle 6:3-7. 2007..Both these events require dynamic changes in Raf-1 phosphorylation. Here, we discuss the critical role of phosphatases and feedback phosphorylation during activation and inactivation of Raf-1 signaling...
- Cyclic AMP-dependent kinase regulates Raf-1 kinase mainly by phosphorylation of serine 259Amardeep S Dhillon
The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 22:3237-46. 2002..Using RafS259 mutants we also demonstrate that Raf-1 is the sole target for PKA inhibition of ERK and ERK-induced gene expression, and that Raf-1 inhibition is mediated mainly through serine 259 phosphorylation...
- Untying the regulation of the Raf-1 kinaseAmardeep S Dhillon
The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Cancer Research UK Beatson Laboratories Garscube Estate, Glasgow, UK
Arch Biochem Biophys 404:3-9. 2002..KSR is a dynamic scaffold whose function and localization is regulated by phosphorylation...
- Regulation of the Raf-MEK-ERK pathway by protein phosphatase 5Alex von Kriegsheim
The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Nat Cell Biol 8:1011-6. 2006..Furthermore, depletion of endogenous PP5 increased cellular phospho-Ser 338 levels. Our results suggest that PP5 is a physiological regulator of Raf-1 signalling pathways...
- Regulation of Raf-1 activation and signalling by dephosphorylationAmardeep S Dhillon
The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, CRC Beatson Laboratories, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
EMBO J 21:64-71. 2002..They also suggest a new model for Raf-1 activation where the release of repression through Ser259 dephosphorylation is the pivotal step...
- Oncogenic K-RAS is required to maintain changes in cytoskeletal organization, adhesion, and motility in colon cancer cellsClaire B Pollock
The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Bearsden, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 65:1244-50. 2005..Our findings suggest that mutated K-RAS oncogenes are essential for maintenance of the transformed and invasive phenotype of human colon cancer cells...
- Dystroglycan, a scaffold for the ERK-MAP kinase cascadeHeather J Spence
The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, CRUK Beatson Laboratories, Switchback Road, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
EMBO Rep 5:484-9. 2004..These findings have important implications for our understanding of the role of dystroglycan in normal cellular processes and in disease states such as muscular dystrophy...
- Oncogenic B-Raf mutations: crystal clear at lastAmardeep S Dhillon
The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD, United Kingdom
Cancer Cell 5:303-4. 2004..A recent study in Cell by Wan et al. reports the crystal structure of the B-Raf kinase domain, providing important new insights into these questions...