Affiliation: University of Aberdeen
- Disruption of the striated muscle glycogen targeting subunit PPP1R3A of protein phosphatase 1 leads to increased weight gain, fat deposition, and development of insulin resistanceMirela Delibegovic
Medical Research Council Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Diabetes 52:596-604. 2003..Our results suggest that dysfunction of PP1-G(M) may contribute to the pathophysiology of human type 2 diabetes...
- Improved glucose homeostasis in mice with muscle-specific deletion of protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1BMirela Delibegovic
Cancer Biology Program, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:7727-34. 2007..Therefore, combining PTP1B inhibition with thiazolidinediones should be more effective than either alone for treating insulin-resistant states...
- Liver-specific deletion of protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1B (PTP1B) improves metabolic syndrome and attenuates diet-induced endoplasmic reticulum stressMirela Delibegovic
Cancer Biology Program, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 58:590-9. 2009..Here we studied the role of liver PTP1B in glucose homeostasis and lipid metabolism...
- Neuronal PTP1B regulates body weight, adiposity and leptin actionKendra K Bence
Cancer Biology Program, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, NRB 1030, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Med 12:917-24. 2006..Thus, PTP1B regulates body mass and adiposity primarily through actions in the brain. Furthermore, neuronal PTP1B regulates adipocyte leptin production and probably is essential for the development of leptin resistance...
- Neuronal protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B deficiency results in inhibition of hypothalamic AMPK and isoform-specific activation of AMPK in peripheral tissuesBingzhong Xue
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:4563-73. 2009..Therefore, the mechanism by which PTP1B regulates adiposity and leptin sensitivity likely involves the coordinated regulation of AMPK in hypothalamus and peripheral tissues...
- Assay of protein phosphatase 1 complexesPatricia T Cohen
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Methods Enzymol 366:135-44. 2003