Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Glial fibrillary acidic protein in late life major depressive disorder: an immunocytochemical studyS Davis
Wolfson Research Centre, Institute for Aging and Health, Newcastle General Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 73:556-60. 2002....
- Combined magnetic resonance imaging and single-photon emission tomography scanning in the discrimination of Alzheimer's disease from age-matched controlsJ T O'Brien
University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Int Psychogeriatr 13:149-61. 2001..To compare the utility of temporal lobe magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and single-photon emission tomography (SPET) scanning in discriminating between subjects with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and age-matched controls...
- Effect of concurrent anxiety on response to sertraline and imipramine in patients with chronic depressionJ M Russell
University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 301 University Boulevard, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Route 0197, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Depress Anxiety 13:18-27. 2001..High baseline levels of anxiety did not reduce overall antidepressant response but did somewhat delay the onset of response to sertraline or imipramine in patients with chronic depression...
- Effects of a perindopril-based blood pressure-lowering regimen on the risk of recurrent stroke according to stroke subtype and medical history: the PROGRESS TrialN Chapman
St Mary's Hospital, London, UK
Stroke 35:116-21. 2004..These data suggest that effective blood pressure-lowering therapy should be routinely considered for all patients with a history of cerebrovascular events...
- Refining the perfusion-diffusion mismatch hypothesisK S Butcher
Department of Neurology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, University of Melbourne, Australia
Stroke 36:1153-9. 2005..There is no accepted standardized definition of PWI-DWI mismatch. We compared common mismatch definitions in the initial 40 EPITHET patients...
- NXY-059 for the treatment of acute stroke: pooled analysis of the SAINT I and II TrialsHans Christoph Diener
Department of Neurology, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Stroke 39:1751-8. 2008..SAINT I and II were randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trials to investigate the efficacy of NXY-059 in patients with AIS...
- Aspirin and extended-release dipyridamole versus clopidogrel for recurrent strokeRalph L Sacco
Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1238-51. 2008..Recurrent stroke is a frequent, disabling event after ischemic stroke. This study compared the efficacy and safety of two antiplatelet regimens--aspirin plus extended-release dipyridamole (ASA-ERDP) versus clopidogrel...