A P Davies
Affiliation: University of Wales
- An extracellular Staphylococcus epidermidis polysaccharide: relation to Polysaccharide Intercellular Adhesin and its implication in phagocytosisAnastasia I Spiliopoulou
Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, University of Patras, Patras, Greece
BMC Microbiol 12:76. 2012..Here we provide experimental evidence that 20-kDaPS and PIA represent distinct molecules and that 20-kDaPS is implicated in endocytosis of S. epidermidis bacterial cells by human monocyte-derived macrophages...
- Identification of clinical isolates of α-hemolytic streptococci by 16S rRNA gene sequencing, matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry using MALDI Biotyper, and conventional phenotypic methods: a comparisonAngharad Puw Davies
Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Institute of Life Science, The College of Medicine, Swansea University, Swansea, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 50:4087-90. 2012..The following percentages of isolates were correctly identified to the species level: MALDI Biotyper, 46%; BD Phoenix, 35%; and API 20 Strep, 26%...
- Toxic marine microalgae and shellfish poisoning in the British isles: history, review of epidemiology, and future implicationsStephanie L Hinder
Institute of Life Science, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP, UK
Environ Health 10:54. 2011....
- Resuscitation-promoting factors are expressed in Mycobacterium tuberculosis-infected human tissueA P Davies
Centre for Medical Microbiology, Department of Infection, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Tuberculosis (Edinb) 88:462-8. 2008..The work presented here demonstrates that Rpf expression can be detected in human tissues infected with M. tuberculosis and describes the pattern of this expression using immunocytochemistry with anti-Rpf antibodies...
- Biofilm formation in medical device-related infectionD Mack
Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, The School of Medicine, University of Wales Swansea, Swansea, UK
Int J Artif Organs 29:343-59. 2006..Significant progress has been made in recent years which may ultimately lead to new rational approaches for better preventive, therapeutic, and diagnostic measures...