Harish K Datta
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Mechanisms of calcium disposal from osteoclastic resorption hemivacuoleH K Datta
School of Clinical and Laboratory Science, The Medical School, University of Newcastle, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
J Endocrinol 176:1-5. 2003..The understanding of the mechanisms involved in Ca2+ handling by osteoclasts indicates the lack of a simple link between osteoclast function and changes in overall cytosolic [Ca2+]...
- Hepatic surgery-related hypophosphatemiaHarish K Datta
Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Metabolism, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4LP, UK
Clin Chim Acta 380:13-23. 2007....
- The cell biology of bone metabolismH K Datta
Institute of Cellular Medicine, Musculoskeletal Research Group, The Medical School, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Clin Pathol 61:577-87. 2008..The intracellular signalling regulating key cellular pathways involved in cell differentiation and activity are outlined. The emerging evidence of osteocytes as mechanosensors as well as regulators of mineralisation is discussed...
- Zic1 transcription factor in bone: neural developmental protein regulates mechanotransduction in osteocytesMichail Kalogeropoulos
Musculoskeletal Research Group, ICM, The Medical School, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
FASEB J 24:2893-903. 2010..We conclude that Zic1, a neural developmental transcription factor, plays an important role in shear flow mechanotransduction in osteocytes...
- Lack of association of bone morphogenetic protein 2 gene haplotypes with bone mineral density, bone loss, or risk of fractures in menSatya S Varanasi
Musculoskeletal Research Group, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
J Osteoporos 2011:243465. 2011..Conclusion. There were no genotypic or haplotypic effects of the BMP2 candidate gene on BMD, change in BMD, or fracture risk identified in this cohort...
- Prostate cancer and osteoporosisStephen P Tuck
Musculoskeletal Research Group, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Curr Osteoporos Rep 11:11-20. 2013..Both zoledronic acid and denosumab have been demonstrated to reduce skeletal related events. Comparative studies would suggest that densosumab may have an advantage over zoledronic acid...
- Skeletal site-related variation in human trabecular bone transcriptome and signalingSatya S Varanasi
Musculoskeletal Research Group, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Medical School, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e10692. 2010..The skeletal site-specific influence of multiple genes on bone morphology is recognised, but the question as to how these influences may be exerted at the molecular and cellular level has not been explored...
- Southern analysis of mitochondrial DNA in cortical bone of elderly patients undergoing knee and hip arthroplastyS S Varanasi
School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, The Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
J Pathol 193:557-62. 2001....
- Characterisation of cytosolic FK506 binding protein 12 and its role in modulating expression of Cbfa1 and osterix in ROS 17/2.8 cellsS S Varanasi
School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, The Medical School, Framlington Place, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
Bone 36:243-53. 2005....