Affiliation: University College London
- Acanthamoeba keratitis: diagnosis and treatment update 2009John K G Dart
Corneal and External Disease Service, Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
Am J Ophthalmol 148:487-499.e2. 2009..To describe the current management of Acanthamoeba keratitis (AK)...
- Corneal toxicity: the epithelium and stroma in iatrogenic and factitious diseaseJ Dart
Corneal and External Disease Service, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Eye (Lond) 17:886-92. 2003..Prevention requires a high level of awareness of the potential for iatrogenic disease, particularly in the high-risk setting of chronic ocular surface disease...
- Identification and control of nosocomial adenovirus keratoconjunctivitis in an ophthalmic departmentJ K G Dart
The Accident and Emergency Department, Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, 162 City Road, London EC1V 2PD, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 93:18-20. 2009..To identify the extent of nosocomial adenovirus keratoconjunctivitis (AKC) and assess the effect of a new infection-control policy...
- Risk factors for microbial keratitis with contemporary contact lenses: a case-control studyJ K G Dart
Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 115:1647-54, 1654.e1-3. 2008..To assess the relative risks (RR) of microbial keratitis (MK) for contemporary contact lens (CL) types and wearing schedules...
- Cicatricial pemphigoid and dry eyeJohn Dart
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Semin Ophthalmol 20:95-100. 2005..Control of the conjunctival inflammation is mandatory to prevent disease progression and usually requires systemic immunosuppressive therapy...
- Cicatrising conjunctivitis with anti-basement membrane autoantibodies in ectodermal dysplasiaV P J Saw
Cornea and External Diseases Service, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 92:1403-10. 2008..We also report clinical improvement with steroid-sparing systemic immunosuppression combined with clearance of bacterial colonisation...
- Blepharokeratoconjunctivitis in children: diagnosis and treatmentM Viswalingam
Corneal and External Diseases Service, Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Trust, 162 City Road, London EC1V 2PD, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 89:400-3. 2005..Therapy is effective and loss of sight can be prevented in most cases...
- Sight and comfort: complex procedures in end-stage Stevens-Johnson syndromeG Geerling
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Eye (Lond) 17:89-91. 2003..We describe our complex surgical techniques in the management of a patient with end-stage ocular surface disease from Stevens-Johnson syndrome...
- Scleral-fixated posterior chamber intraocular lenses in non-vitrectomized eyesY F Yang
Department of Ophthalmology, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, UK
Eye (Lond) 20:64-70. 2006....
- Primary care and ophthalmology in the United KingdomS F Riad
Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London EC1V 2PD, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 87:493-9. 2003..Primary care research is abundant in ophthalmology but needs to be more structured and targeted. Ophthalmic primary care itself is urgently in need of recognition and formal adoption by the profession...
- The management of severe sclerokeratitis following corneal transplantation surgeryR Maini
Br J Ophthalmol 90:918-20. 2006
- Mycophenolate mofetil for the treatment of severe inflammatory external eye diseasesM R Wilkins
Br J Ophthalmol 92:578-9. 2008
- Effects of lamellar keratotomy on postkeratoplasty astigmatismG A Lee
Cornea and External Disease Service, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 87:432-5. 2003..To determine the changes in postkeratoplasty astigmatism induced by lamellar keratotomy...
- Costs and gains of complex procedures to rehabilitate end stage ocular surface diseaseG Geerling
Medizinische Universitat Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 86:1220-1. 2002..In view of the benefit in quality of life for the patient and monetary savings for society these procedures should be funded by national health services at specialist centres...
- Acanthamoeba keratitis in England and Wales: incidence, outcome, and risk factorsC F Radford
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK. cherry.radford.ukgateway.net
Br J Ophthalmol 86:536-42. 2002..Improved education for CL wearers and practitioners about hygiene practice and the variable efficacy of contact lens systems could be expected to reduce the incidence of this disease...