Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University College London
- Periodontal therapy: a novel acute inflammatory modelF D'Aiuto
Periodontology Unit, Eastman Dental Institute and Hospital, University College London, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK
Inflamm Res 54:412-4. 2005..We designed a clinical trial at the Eastman Dental Hospital with the objective of developing a novel in vivo inflammatory model...
- Association of the metabolic syndrome with severe periodontitis in a large U.S. population-based surveyFrancesco D'Aiuto
UCL Eastman Dental Institute and Hospital, London WC1X 8LD, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3989-94. 2008..Metabolic syndrome and periodontitis both have an increasing prevalence worldwide; however, limited information is available on their association...
- Oxidative stress, systemic inflammation, and severe periodontitisF D'Aiuto
Periodontology Unit, Division of Clinical Research, UCL Eastman Dental Institute and Hospital, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK
J Dent Res 89:1241-6. 2010..20, P < 0.05). Acute increases of D-ROM (P < 0.01) were observed following periodontal therapy. Analysis of these data suggests a positive association between severe periodontitis and oxidative stress...
- Association between periodontitis and common variants in the promoter of the interleukin-6 geneL Nibali
Periodontology Unit, University College London, Eastman Dental Institute, London, UK
Cytokine 45:50-4. 2009..This association is stronger for LAgP than for other periodontal disease phenotypes...
- Association between interleukin-6 -174 polymorphism and Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans in chronic periodontitisL Nibali
Division of Clinical Research, University College London, Eastman Dental Institute, London, UK
J Periodontol 81:1814-9. 2010....
- Functional gene polymorphisms in aggressive and chronic periodontitisP M Brett
Department of Periodontology, Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, UK
J Dent Res 84:1149-53. 2005..These results suggest that there are in fact both shared and unique genetic associations in aggressive and chronic periodontitis...
- Gene polymorphisms in pro-inflammatory cytokines are associated with systemic inflammation in patients with severe periodontal infectionsF D'Aiuto
Department of Periodontology, Eastman Dental Institute and Hospital, University College London, UK
Cytokine 28:29-34. 2004..Genetic polymorphism therefore, may in part explain the reported association between periodontitis and systemic disease...
- Disease severity associated with presence in subgingival plaque of Porphyromonas gingivalis, Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans, and Tannerella forsythia, singly or in combination, as detected by nested multiplex PCRD Ready
Microbial Diseases, Eastman Dental Hospital, UCLH NHS Foundation Trust, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 46:3380-3. 2008..These data suggest that a reduction in the number of species present may be associated with an increase in the severity of periodontal diseases...
- Influence of IL-6 haplotypes on clinical and inflammatory response in aggressive periodontitisL Nibali
Periodontology Unit and Division of Clinical Research, Eastman Dental Institute and Hospital, University College London UCL, London, UK
Clin Oral Investig 17:1235-42. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the inflammatory response in aggressive periodontitis (AgP) patients after periodontal therapy and associate these changes to subjects' interleukin-6 (IL-6) genetic variants...
- Interleukin-6 in oral diseases: a reviewL Nibali
Periodontology Unit and Department of Clinical Research, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, UK
Oral Dis 18:236-43. 2012..The role of common genetic variants of IL-6 in determining individual susceptibility to certain oral diseases, as well as novel therapeutic strategies based on IL-6 inhibition are also discussed...