Affiliation: University of Huddersfield
- Antipsychotics in clinical practice: guidelines for safe and effective useStephen Curran
University of Huddersfield, Queensgate Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry, Wakefield and Pontefract Community Health NHS Trust, Fieldhead Hospital, Wakefield, UK
Hum Psychopharmacol 17:75-82. 2002..Despite the importance of these drugs there is widespread variation in their use and a national consensus on this important issue is long overdue...
- Critical Flicker Fusion Threshold in patients with Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementiaStephen Curran
Ageing and Mental Health Research Group, School of Human and Health Sciences, University of Huddersfield, and Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry, South West Yorkshire Mental Health NHS Trust, Wakefield, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 19:575-81. 2004..The test has previously been shown to be a valid and reliable measure of CNS functioning in patients with Alzheimer's disease and may be a useful as a screening measure for the early detection of Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Psychotropic drug use in older people with mental illness with particular reference to antipsychotics: a systematic study of tolerability and use in different diagnostic groupsStephen Curran
Ageing and Mental Health Research Unit, School of Human and Health Sciences, University of Huddersfield, Huddersfield HD1 3DH, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:842-7. 2005..The objective of the study was to provide observational clinical data on psychotropic drugs used in older people with mental illness...
- The scope for qualitative methods in research and clinical trials in dementiaGrant Gibson
Ageing and Mental Health Research Group, University of Huddersfield, Queensgate, Huddersfield HD1 3DH, UK
Age Ageing 33:422-6. 2004..They could also possibly generate new measures of efficacy and effectiveness in severe dementia...
- Antipsychotic prescribing in older peopleWendy Neil
Specialist Registrar in Old Age Psychiatry, Bradford Community Health NHS Trust, Lynfield Mount Hospital, Bradford, UK
Age Ageing 32:475-83. 2003..There is a need to redress this balance to ensure that the prescribing of antipsychotics in older people is evidence based...
- Pharmacological management of behavioural and psychological disturbance in dementiaMervat N Kozman
Department of Adult Psychiatry, Briary Wing, Harrogate General District Hospital, Lancaster Park Road, Harrogate, UK
Hum Psychopharmacol 21:1-12. 2006..The risks and benefits of individual treatments are discussed and the relatively poor evidence base and need for further research is highlighted...
- The impact of location on satisfaction with dementia services amongst people with dementia and their informal carers: a comparative evaluation of a community-based and a clinic-based memory serviceGrant Gibson
Division of Primary Care, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom
Int Psychogeriatr 19:267-77. 2007..In contrast, there is an increased emphasis on providing home and community based service delivery for a range of illnesses including dementia...