Peter J Cullen
Affiliation: University of Bristol
- Cullen P, Korswagen H. Sorting nexins provide diversity for retromer-dependent trafficking events. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;14:29-37 pubmed publisher..Here we discuss how retromer complexes regulate endosomal sorting, and describe how this is generating exciting new insight into the central role played by endosomal sorting in development and homeostasis of normal tissues. ..
- Tilley F, Gallon M, Luo C, Danson C, Zhou J, Cullen P. Retromer associates with the cytoplasmic amino-terminus of polycystin-2. J Cell Sci. 2018;131: pubmed publisher..This article has an associated First Person interview with the first author of the paper. ..
- McMillan K, Gallon M, Jellett A, Clairfeuille T, Tilley F, McGough I, et al. Atypical parkinsonism-associated retromer mutant alters endosomal sorting of specific cargo proteins. J Cell Biol. 2016;214:389-99 pubmed publisher..By showing how a retromer mutant leads to altered endosomal sorting of specific PDZ ligand-containing cargo proteins, we reveal a new mechanism for perturbed endosomal cargo sorting in atypical parkinsonism. ..
- McGough I, Steinberg F, Gallon M, Yatsu A, Ohbayashi N, Heesom K, et al. Identification of molecular heterogeneity in SNX27-retromer-mediated endosome-to-plasma-membrane recycling. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:4940-53 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data reveal hidden complexities in retromer-mediated sorting and open up new directions in our molecular understanding of this essential sorting complex. ..
- Simonetti B, Danson C, Heesom K, Cullen P. Sequence-dependent cargo recognition by SNX-BARs mediates retromer-independent transport of CI-MPR. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:3695-3712 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the data presented in this study reappraise retromer's role in CI-MPR transport. ..