Helen M Colhoun
Affiliation: University of Dundee
- Use of insulin glargine and cancer incidence in Scotland: a study from the Scottish Diabetes Research Network Epidemiology GroupH M Colhoun
Biomedical Research Institute, University of Dundee, Mackenzie Building, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee, DD2 4BF, Scotland, UK
Diabetologia 52:1755-65. 2009..The aim of the present study was to examine whether patients with diabetes in Scotland using insulin glargine have a greater cancer risk than patients using other types of insulin...
- Total soluble and endogenous secretory receptor for advanced glycation end products as predictive biomarkers of coronary heart disease risk in patients with type 2 diabetes: an analysis from the CARDS trialHelen M Colhoun
Medical Research Institute, University of Dundee, Dundee, U K
Diabetes 60:2379-85. 2011..We examined the relationship of sRAGE and esRAGE to incident coronary heart disease (CHD) and stroke in type 2 diabetic patients followed for 3.9 years in a trial of atorvastatin: the Collaborative Atorvastatin Diabetes Study (CARDS)...
- Effects of atorvastatin on kidney outcomes and cardiovascular disease in patients with diabetes: an analysis from the Collaborative Atorvastatin Diabetes Study (CARDS)Helen M Colhoun
Biomedical Research Institute, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK
Am J Kidney Dis 54:810-9. 2009..We examined whether atorvastatin affects diabetic kidney disease and whether the effect of atorvastatin on cardiovascular disease (CVD) varies by kidney status in patients with diabetes...
- Genome-wide association study of genetic determinants of LDL-c response to atorvastatin therapy: importance of Lp(a)Harshal A Deshmukh
University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
J Lipid Res 53:1000-11. 2012..Therefore, an apparently lower LDL-c response to statin therapy may indicate a need for measurement of Lp(a). However, statin therapy seems beneficial even in those with high Lp(a)...
- Contemporary risk of hip fracture in type 1 and type 2 diabetes: a national registry study from ScotlandEleanor J Hothersall
University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
J Bone Miner Res 29:1054-60. 2014....
- Estimated life expectancy in a Scottish cohort with type 1 diabetes, 2008-2010Shona J Livingstone
Diabetes Epidemiology Unit, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland
JAMA 313:37-44. 2015..Major advances in treatment of type 1 diabetes have occurred in the past 3 decades. Contemporary estimates of the effect of type 1 diabetes on life expectancy are needed...
- Risk of cardiovascular disease and total mortality in adults with type 1 diabetes: Scottish registry linkage studyShona J Livingstone
University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 9:e1001321. 2012..We evaluated these risks in adults with T1DM compared with the non-diabetic population in a nationwide study from Scotland and examined control of CVD risk factors in those with T1DM...
- Levels and changes of HDL cholesterol and apolipoprotein A-I in relation to risk of cardiovascular events among statin-treated patients: a meta-analysisS Matthijs Boekholdt
Departments of Cardiology S M B and Vascular Medicine B J A, G K H, J J P K, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA S M, P M R Center of Preventive Medicine, Oslo University Hospital, Ullevål and University of Oslo, Norway T R P State University of New York Health Science Center, Brooklyn, NY J C L Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL K M A W Department of Neurology and Stroke Center, Bichat University Hospital, Paris, France P A Global Pharmaceuticals Pfizer, New York, NY D A D Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia A M T Department of Biochemistry and Lipid Clinic, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia D R S NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia A K Medical Research Institute, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom H M C Centre for Diabetes, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London, United Kingdom G A H Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, United Kingdom D J B School of Biomedicine
Circulation 128:1504-12. 2013..It is also unknown whether a rise in HDL-C or apoA-I after initiation of statin therapy is associated with a reduced cardiovascular risk...