Affiliation: University of London
- Ligand-induced fit in mycobacterial MabA: the sequence-specific C-terminus locks the conformational changeMartin Cohen-Gonsaud
Centre de Biochimie Structurale INSERM U554, CNRS UMR5048, UM1, Montpellier Cedex, France
Proteins 60:392-400. 2005..This new structure of MabA is analyzed in view of its distinctive enzymatic and structural properties and those of related enzymes...
- Lack of dynamics in the MabA active site kills the enzyme activity: practical consequences for drug-design studiesGuillaume Poncet-Montange
CNRS UMR5048, Centre de Biochimie Structurale, F 34090 Montpellier, France
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 63:923-5. 2007..This observation suggests a new way to develop anti-MabA drugs via protein stabilization of the 'inactive' form...
- Crystal structure of MabA from Mycobacterium tuberculosis, a reductase involved in long-chain fatty acid biosynthesisMartin Cohen-Gonsaud
Centre de Biochimie Structurale INSERM U554 CNRS UMR5048 UM1, 29 rue de Navacelles, 34090 Montpellier Cedex, France
J Mol Biol 320:249-61. 2002..The distinctive enzymatic and structural properties of MabA are discussed in view of its crystal structure and that of related enzymes...
- In vitro inhibition of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis beta-ketoacyl-acyl carrier protein reductase MabA by isoniazidStephanie Ducasse-Cabanot
Institut de Pharmacologie et de Biologie Structurale, Département des Mécanismes Moléculaires des Infections Mycobactériennes, CNRS, Toulouse, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:242-9. 2004..The description of the first inhibitor of the beta-ketoacyl reduction step of fatty acid biosynthesis should help in the design of new antituberculous drugs efficient against multidrug-resistant tubercle bacilli...
- The structure of a resuscitation-promoting factor domain from Mycobacterium tuberculosis shows homology to lysozymesMartin Cohen-Gonsaud
School of Crystallography and Institute for Structural Molecular Biology, Birkbeck College, University of London, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HX, UK
Nat Struct Mol Biol 12:270-3. 2005..These data, as well as the presence of a clear binding pocket for a large molecule, indicate that oligosaccharide cleavage is probably the signal for revival from dormancy...
- Heptahelical domain of metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 behaves like rhodopsin-like receptorsCyril Goudet
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Propre de Recherche 2580, CCIPE, 34094 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:378-83. 2004..These data show that the HD of mGluRs behave like any other class-I GPCRs in terms of G protein coupling and regulation by various types of ligands...
- Resuscitation-promoting factors possess a lysozyme-like domainMartin Cohen-Gonsaud
School of Crystallography and BBRSC Centre for Structural Biology, Birkbeck College, University of London, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HX, UK
Trends Biochem Sci 29:7-10. 2004..The model highlights the good conservation of residues involved in catalysis and substrate binding. A lysozyme-like function makes sense for this domain in the light of experimental characterization of the biological function of Rpfs...
- (1)H, (15)N, and (13)C chemical shift assignments of the resuscitation promoting factor domain of Rv1009 from Mycobacterium tuberculosisMartin Cohen-Gonsaud
J Biomol NMR 30:373-4. 2004
- The Mycobacterium tuberculosis serine/threonine kinase PknL phosphorylates Rv2175c: mass spectrometric profiling of the activation loop phosphorylation sites and their role in the recruitment of Rv2175cMarc J Canova
Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Proteines, CNRS UMR 5086, Universite Lyon 1, IFR128 BioSciences, Lyon Gerland, Lyon, France
Proteomics 8:521-33. 2008....