David R Coghill
Affiliation: University of Dundee
- Neuropsychological functioning in stimulant-naive boys with hyperkinetic disorderSinead M Rhodes
Division of Pathology and Neuroscience, University of Dundee, UK
Psychol Med 35:1109-20. 2005..Impairments were not confined to tasks dependent upon frontostriatal functioning, cannot wholly be explained by deficits in inhibitory control, nor can they be attributed to intelligence or previous exposure to stimulant medication...
- Do the diagnostic criteria for ADHD need to change? Comments on the preliminary proposals of the DSM-5 ADHD and Disruptive Behavior Disorders CommitteeDavid Coghill
Division of Medical Sciences, Centre for Neuroscience, Maternal and Child Health Sciences 2, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 20:75-81. 2011....
- The quality of life of children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a systematic reviewMarina Danckaerts
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 19:83-105. 2010..In conclusion, ADHD seriously compromises QoL especially when seen from a parents' perspective. QoL outcomes should be included as a matter of course in future treatment studies...
- Avoiding the 'twilight zone': recommendations for the transition of services from adolescence to adulthood for young people with ADHDSusan Young
Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Sciences, King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London, SE5 8AF, UK
BMC Psychiatry 11:174. 2011..We conclude with recommendations on how to develop transition services for young people with ADHD...
- Osmotic, controlled-release methylphenidate for the treatment of ADHDDavid Coghill
Department of Pathology and Neuroscience, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Ninewells Avenue, Dundee, DD1 9SY, UK
Expert Opin Pharmacother 7:2119-38. 2006..There have been a smaller number of trials comparing OROS MPH with non-stimulant treatments, such as atomoxetine...
- Pragmatic measures in paediatric psychopharmacology--are we getting it right?David Coghill
Centre for Neuroscience, Division of Medical Sciences, University of Dundee, Centre for Child Health, 19 Dudhope Terrace, Dundee DD36HH, UK
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 21:571-83. 2011..In addition to reporting the basic outcomes from these studies researchers should use these data to improve the measurement models and refine both the measures and the trial designs...
- The impact of medications on quality of life in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: a systematic reviewDavid Coghill
Centre for Neuroscience, Division of Medical Sciences, University of Dundee, Centre for Child Health, Dundee, UK
CNS Drugs 24:843-66. 2010..The lack of systematic studies of the impact on QOL of psychological therapies, either on their own or in multimodal combinations with medication, is a serious omission that should be urgently addressed...
- The genetics of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderDavid Coghill
Centre for Neuroscience, Division of Medical Sciences, University of Dundee, Centre for Child Health, 19 Dudhope Terrace, Dundee, DD3 6HH, UK
Expert Rev Neurother 9:1547-65. 2009..Gene-environment interactions, which are as yet relatively understudied, are likely to be of importance in fully understanding the role of genes in ADHD and will be discussed...
- The neuropsychological effects of chronic methylphenidate on drug-naive boys with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderDavid R Coghill
Section of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Division of Pathology and Neuroscience, University of Dundee, Ninewells Medical School, Dundee, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 62:954-62. 2007..The assumed relationships between these neuropsychological effects and clinical efficacy have not been substantiated. We therefore investigated the effects of chronic MPH administration on neuropsychological functioning...
- Acute neuropsychological effects of methylphenidate in stimulant drug-naïve boys with ADHD II--broader executive and non-executive domainsSinead M Rhodes
Section of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences, Division of Pathology and Neuroscience, University of Dundee, Ninewells Medical School, Dundee, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 47:1184-94. 2006..The present study was designed to investigate the acute effects of the psychostimulant drug, methylphenidate (MPH), on neuropsychological performance in stimulant naïve boys with ADHD...
- Neuropsychological functioning in depressed adolescent girlsKeith Matthews
Section of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences, Division of Pathology and Neuroscience, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
J Affect Disord 111:113-8. 2008..We describe the neuropsychological functioning of a referred sample of medication-naïve adolescent girls meeting criteria for a diagnosis of Depressive Episode (ICD-10)...
- Adverse effects of pharmacotherapies for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: epidemiology, prevention and managementJohnny Graham
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Dundee, Section of Psychiatry, Division of Pathology and Neuroscience, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, Scotland
CNS Drugs 22:213-37. 2008..For example, the latter shares the stimulant group's potential for changing cardiovascular parameters, but may not cause insomnia...
- Methylphenidate restores visual memory, but not working memory function in attention deficit-hyperkinetic disorderSinead M Rhodes
Department of Psychiatry, Ninewells Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 175:319-30. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: Our results suggest that current conceptualisations of the neuropsychological basis of AD-HKD and the proposed therapeutic mechanisms of MPH require broadening...
- Which factors impact on clinician-rated impairment in children with ADHD?David Coghill
Section of Psychiatry Division of Pathology and Neuroscience, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 15:I30-7. 2006....
- A comprehensive investigation of memory impairment in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and oppositional defiant disorderSinead M Rhodes
Department of Psychology, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 53:128-37. 2012..We conducted a comprehensive and systematic assessment of memory functioning in drug-naïve boys with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)...
- Atomoxetine for the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and oppositional defiant disorderMark E Bangs
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Pediatrics 121:e314-20. 2008..In this study we examined the effectiveness of atomoxetine for the treatment of oppositional defiant disorder comorbid with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder...