Affiliation: University of Manchester
- Doctors' perceptions of personal boundaries to primary care interactions: a qualitative investigationSimon Cocksedge
Division of Primary Care, Rusholme Health Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Commun Med 6:109-16. 2009..The existence of these boundaries, and some doctors' lack of awareness of them, has educational implications if patient-centred professional role definitions are to be realistically delivered in everyday primary care...
- Holding relationships in primary care: a qualitative exploration of doctors' and patients' perceptionsSimon Cocksedge
Manchester Medical School, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Br J Gen Pract 61:e484-91. 2011....
- Pastoral relationships and holding work in primary care: affect, subjectivity and chronicitySimon Cocksedge
University of Manchester, Rusholme Health Centre, Walmer Street, Manchester M14 5NP, UK
Chronic Illn 1:157-63. 2005..To understand family doctors' constructs of long-term therapeutic relationships with patients in primary care...
- The listening loop: a model of choice about cues within primary care consultationsSimon Cocksedge
Division of Primary Care, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Med Educ 39:999-1005. 2005..As well as hearing a story at the start of an interaction, listening in medicine involves picking up and checking out patients' cues. Despite this, cues are frequently missed or ignored by doctors...
- Breaking bad news: qualitative evaluation of an interprofessional learning opportunityAnn Wakefield
School of Nursing Midwifery and Health Visiting, University of Manchester, South Manchester, UK
Med Teach 28:53-8. 2006..Finally, the paper closes by arguing that trust and mutual respect are vital ingredients if collaborative working is to become part of the medical and nursing curriculum...