Allan B Clark
Affiliation: University of East Anglia
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of manual chest physiotherapy techniques on quality of life at six months post exacerbation of COPD (MATREX): a randomised controlled equivalence trialJane L Cross
University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
BMC Pulm Med 12:33. 2012..We standardised the delivery of MCP and assessed its effectiveness on disease-specific quality of life...
- The prevalence of metabolic syndrome amongst patients with severe mental illness in the community in Hong Kong--a cross sectional studyDaniel T Bressington
The Department of Health, Well Being and the Family, Canterbury Christ Church University, North Holmes Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1QU, UK
BMC Psychiatry 13:87. 2013..The risk of metabolic syndrome in the Hong Kong general population is lower than that observed in western countries; however the prevalence of metabolic syndrome in patients with severe mental illness in Hong Kong is unknown...
- Protocol for a randomised controlled trial to estimate the effects and costs of a patient centred educational intervention in glaucoma managementHeidi Cate
Ophthalmology, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Colney Lane, Norwich NR4 7UY, UK
BMC Ophthalmol 12:57. 2012..However, electronic medication monitoring offers an objective method of measuring adherence without reliance on clinical endpoints...
- Simulation evaluation of statistical properties of methods for indirect and mixed treatment comparisonsFujian Song
Norwich Medical School, Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, University of East Anglia, Norwich, Norfolk, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:138. 2012..This simulation study comprehensively investigated statistical properties and performances of commonly used ITC and MTC methods, including simple ITC (the Bucher method), frequentist and Bayesian MTC methods...
- The use of carer assisted adherence therapy for people with Parkinson's disease and their carers (CAAT-PARK): study protocol for a randomised controlled trialDavid J Daley
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7TJ, UK
Trials 12:251. 2011..Adherence therapy may help to optimise the efficacy of anti-parkinsonian agents, subsequently improving clinical outcomes...
- Physical accessibility and utilization of health services in YemenAbdullah Al-Taiar
Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Int J Health Geogr 9:38. 2010..This study aimed to investigate the relationship between different measures of physical access, including straight-line distances, road distances and travel time and the impact of these measures on the vaccination of children in Yemen...
- The effects of increased dose of exercise-based therapies to enhance motor recovery after stroke: a systematic review and meta-analysisEmma V Cooke
St George s University of London, Academic Dept of Geriatric Medicine, London SW17 0RE, UK
BMC Med 8:60. 2010..e. the dose, of therapy is unknown. To determine the strength of current evidence for provision of a higher dose of the same types of exercise-based therapy to enhance motor recovery after stroke...
- Surveillance of individual level disease mapsAllan B Clark
School of Medicine, Health Policy and Practice, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
Stat Methods Med Res 15:353-62. 2006..It is based on standard kernel approaches to nonparametric regression and it is readily applied in any standard statistical software package. Two simulated examples of sudden clustering around a fixed point are provided...
- Epidemiology and risk factors for varicose veins among older people: cross-sectional population study in the UKA Clark
School of Medicine, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
Phlebology 25:236-40. 2010..Population studies have been carried out mostly on the middle aged with relatively few on elderly populations...
- Bayesian methods of analysis for cluster randomized trials with count outcome dataAllan B Clark
School of Medicine, Health Policy and Practice, University of East Anglia, U K
Stat Med 29:199-209. 2010..We assess the robustness of the posterior distribution for effectiveness to departures from a normal distribution of the random effects...
- The SOAR (Stroke subtype, Oxford Community Stroke Project classification, Age, prestroke modified Rankin) score strongly predicts early outcomes in acute strokePhyo Kyaw Myint
Norwich Medical School, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich, Norfolk, UK Stroke Research Group, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich, Norfolk, UK Clinical Gerontology Unit, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK
Int J Stroke 9:278-83. 2014..Previous prognostic scoring systems in predicting stroke mortality are complex, require multiple measures that vary with time and failed to produce a simple scoring system...
- Bone mineral density and incidence of stroke: European prospective investigation into cancer-norfolk population-based study, systematic review, and meta-analysisPhyo Kyaw Myint
From the AGEING Aberdeen Gerontological and Epidemiological INterdisciplinary Research Group, Institute of Applied Health Sciences, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK P K M, C S K Norwich Medical School, Norwich Research Park Cardiovascular Research Group, University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, UK P K M, A B C, Y K L, J K Y Y Clinical Gerontology Unit, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, School of Clinical Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK P K M, R N L, K T K Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK C S K and MRC Epidemiology Unit, Cambridge, UK N J W
Stroke 45:373-82. 2014..The prospective link between osteoporosis and future risk of stroke requires evidence from large-scale population-based long-term studies...
- Statin use is associated with reduced risk of histologic subtypes of esophageal cancer: a nested case-control analysisLeo Alexandre
Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia, Norwich, United Kingdom Department of Gastroenterology, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich, United Kingdom Electronic address
Gastroenterology 146:661-8. 2014..We investigated the association between regular use of statins and the main histologic subtypes of esophageal malignancy (EAC, esophagogastric junctional adenocarcinoma, and ESCC) in the UK general population...