Affiliation: University College London
- In vitro assessment of shiitake mushroom (Lentinula edodes) extract for its antigingivitis activityLena Ciric
Department of Microbial Diseases, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London WC1X8LD, UK
J Biomed Biotechnol 2011:507908. 2011..The results indicated that shiitake mushroom extract lowered the numbers of some pathogenic taxa without affecting the taxa associated with health, unlike chlorhexidine which has a limited effect on all taxa...
- Hydrocarbon utilization within a diesel-degrading bacterial consortiumLena Ciric
Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Oxford, UK
FEMS Microbiol Lett 303:116-22. 2010..Some organisms were capable of growth on the majority of the hydrocarbons tested, whereas others seemed specialized to only a few of the substrates...
- Field scale molecular analysis for the monitoring of bacterial community structures during on-site diesel bioremediationLena Ciric
Centre for Ecology and Hydrology at Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR, UK
Bioresour Technol 101:5235-41. 2010..The findings not only highlight the importance of monitoring the fate of inocula used in bioaugmentation but also how crucial the process of the selection of species and the culture conditions used in the construction of these consortia...
- Development of a novel multi-triplex qPCR method for the assessment of bacterial community structure in oral populationsLena Ciric
Department of Microbial Diseases, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK
Environ Microbiol Rep 2:770-4. 2010..Three triplex assays were designed targeting taxa associated with gingivitis and dental caries as well as oral health. Saliva samples collected from healthy individuals were used in order to validate the newly developed method...
- Randomized controlled trial of toothbrushing to reduce ventilator-associated pneumonia pathogens and dental plaque in a critical care unitIan G Needleman
Unit of Periodontology, International Centre for Evidence Based Oral Health, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, London, UK
J Clin Periodontol 38:246-52. 2011..To investigate the effect of a powered toothbrush on colonization of dental plaque by ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP)-associated organisms and dental plaque removal...