Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University College London
- WNTs in the vertebrate nervous system: from patterning to neuronal connectivityLorenza Ciani
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Nat Rev Neurosci 6:351-62. 2005..This knowledge provides a framework for the study of the mechanisms by which WNTs regulate diverse neuronal functions. Manipulation of the WNT pathways could provide new strategies for nerve regeneration and neuronal circuit modulation...
- c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) cooperates with Gsk3beta to regulate Dishevelled-mediated microtubule stabilityLorenza Ciani
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, London, UK
BMC Cell Biol 8:27. 2007..A divergent Wnt-Dvl canonical pathway which bifurcates downstream of Gsk3beta regulates MT dynamics...
- Signaling across the synapse: a role for Wnt and Dishevelled in presynaptic assembly and neurotransmitter releaseAzlina Ahmad-Annuar
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, England, UK
J Cell Biol 174:127-39. 2006..These findings demonstrate that Wnts signal across the synapse on Dvl-expressing presynaptic terminals to regulate synaptic assembly and suggest a potential novel function for Wnts in neurotransmitter release...
- From neuronal activity to the actin cytoskeleton: a role for CaMKKs and betaPIX in spine morphogenesisLorenza Ciani
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, University Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Neuron 57:3-4. 2008..In this issue of Neuron, Saneyoshi et al. identify a new signaling complex containing CaMKK/CaMKI/betaPIX/Rac that regulates the morphogenesis of spines in an activity-dependent manner...
- A divergent canonical WNT-signaling pathway regulates microtubule dynamics: dishevelled signals locally to stabilize microtubulesLorenza Ciani
Department of Biological Sciences, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, England, UK
J Cell Biol 164:243-53. 2004..Our data indicate a bifurcation in the so-called canonical WNT-signaling pathway to regulate microtubule stability...
- Wnt regulates axon behavior through changes in microtubule growth directionality: a new role for adenomatous polyposis coliSilvia A Purro
Research Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 28:8644-54. 2008..Consistently, short hairpin RNA knockdown of APC mimics Wnt3a function. Together, our findings define APC as a key Wnt signaling target in the regulation of microtubule growth direction...