Amanda Jane Churchill
Affiliation: University of Bristol
- VEGF polymorphisms are associated with severity of diabetic retinopathyAmanda J Churchill
Unit of Ophthalmology, Bristol Eye Hospital, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:3611-6. 2008..To determine whether single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) gene are associated with severity of diabetic retinopathy...
- Clinical and experimental advances in congenital and paediatric cataractsAmanda Churchill
University of Bristol and Bristol Eye Hospital, Bristol, UK
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 366:1234-49. 2011..There is increasing evidence for pleiotropic effects of these genes, and increasing consideration that cataracts may act as early and readily detectable biomarkers for a number of systemic syndromes...
- A compound heterozygous change found in Peters' anomalyAmanda Jane Churchill
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
Mol Vis 11:66-70. 2005..To determine whether sequence variations in the congenital glaucoma gene, CYP1B1, are present in individuals with Peters' anomaly, a developmental eye anomaly frequently associated with glaucoma...
- VEGF polymorphisms are associated with neovascular age-related macular degenerationAmanda J Churchill
Molecular Ophthalmology, University of Bristol, and West Midlands Regional Genetics Laboratory, Birmingham Womans Hospital NHS Trust, UK
Hum Mol Genet 15:2955-61. 2006..Identification of those at risk in the population would allow individual counselling with lifestyle advice to reduce the risks of blindness. (Genbank accession nos M63971 and AF437895)...
- Cytokine gene polymorphism in sympathetic ophthalmiaDenize Atan
Academic Unit of Ophthalmology, Clinical Sciences South Bristol, Bristol Eye Hospital, UK
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:4245-50. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine whether polymorphisms in the cytokine genes are important markers for disease severity and outcome in patients with SO...
- Cytokine polymorphism in noninfectious uveitisDenize Atan
Clinical Sciences at South Bristol, Bristol Eye Hospital, Bristol, UK
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:4133-42. 2010..TNFA and IL10 are strong candidate genes, given the influence of these cytokines on inflammation, immune tolerance, and apoptosis...
- Expression of pro- and anti-angiogenic isoforms of VEGF is differentially regulated by splicing and growth factorsDawid G Nowak
Microvascular Research Laboratories, Bristol Heart Institute, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Veterinary Sciences, University of Bristol, Southwell Street, Bristol BS2 8EJ, UK
J Cell Sci 121:3487-95. 2008....
- Polymorphisms in OPA1 are associated with normal tension glaucomaBrenda L Powell
Division of Ophthalmology, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
Mol Vis 9:460-4. 2003..corrected] To confirm whether specific polymorphisms in intron 8 (IVS8) of the OPA1 gene are found more commonly in patients with normal tension glaucoma (NTG) compared to normal controls...
- VEGF-A165b is cytoprotective and antiangiogenic in the retinaAnette L Magnussen
Microvascular Research Laboratories, Bristol Heart Institute, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Veterinary Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:4273-81. 2010..Here the authors investigate the antiangiogenic activity of VEGF(165)b and its effect on retinal epithelial and endothelial cell survival...
- Recombinant human VEGF165b inhibits experimental choroidal neovascularizationJing Hua
Microvascular Research Laboratories, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Bristol Heart Institute, School of Veterinary Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:4282-8. 2010..It is the proangiogenic family that is responsible for the blood vessel growth seen in AMD...