- Neural basis of spontaneous thought processesKalina Christoff
MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, Cambridge, UK
Cortex 40:623-30. 2004..By considering such long-term memory processes as an essential part of thought mechanisms, it may be possible to gain better understanding into spontaneous thought phenomena that have remained unaccounted for until now...
- Evaluating self-generated information: anterior prefrontal contributions to human cognitionKalina Christoff
Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, Medical Research Council, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Behav Neurosci 117:1161-8. 2003..This characterization of RLPFC function may help explain seemingly disparate findings across multiple cognitive domains and could provide a unified account of this region's contribution to human cognition...
- Localizing the rostrolateral prefrontal cortex at the individual levelRachelle Smith
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Canada
Neuroimage 36:1387-96. 2007..In addition, the results provide further support for the previously proposed functional dissociation between lateral and medial BA10...
- Neural correlates of the automatic processing of threat facial signalsAdam K Anderson
Department of Psychology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 23:5627-33. 2003..Amygdala processing is thus specific to fear only during attended processing, when cortical processing is undiminished, and more broadly tuned to threat during unattended processing, when cortical processing is diminished...
- The role of the prefrontal cortex in the maintenance of verbal working memory: an event-related FMRI analysisNandakumar S Narayanan
Department of Psychology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Neuropsychology 19:223-32. 2005..These results suggest an increasingly important role for the PFC in actively maintaining information as the amount of that information increases...
- Improving reverse neuroimaging inference: cognitive domain versus cognitive complexityKalina Christoff
Trends Cogn Sci 10:352-3. 2006