Genomes and Genes
Mun Kit Choy
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- MICA polymorphism: biology and importance in immunity and diseaseMun Kit Choy
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Box 110, Level 6, Addenbrooke s Centre for Clinical Investigation ACCI, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
Trends Mol Med 16:97-106. 2010..Here, we discuss the genetics and biology of the MICA gene and its products, and their importance in disease...
- High-throughput sequencing identifies STAT3 as the DNA-associated factor for p53-NF-kappaB-complex-dependent gene expression in human heart failureMun Kit Choy
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Centre for Clinical Investigation, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 0QQ, UK
Genome Med 2:37. 2010..CONCLUSIONS : Our results uncover a mechanism by which transcription factors cooperate in a multi-molecular complex at a cis-regulatory element to control gene expression...
- Genome-wide conserved consensus transcription factor binding motifs are hyper-methylatedMun Kit Choy
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, ACCI Building Level 6, Cambridge CB20QQ, UK
BMC Genomics 11:519. 2010..We hypothesize that DNA methylation at conserved consensus motifs prevents promiscuous or disorderly transcription factor binding...
- Distinct epigenomic features in end-stage failing human heartsMehregan Movassagh
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Centre for Clinical Investigation, Level 6, Hills Rd, Cambridge, CB2 0QQ UK
Circulation 124:2411-22. 2011..A consistent profile of gene expression changes in end-stage cardiomyopathy led us to hypothesize that distinct global patterns of the epigenome may also exist...
- PKB/Akt activation inhibits p53-mediated HIF1A degradation that is independent of MDM2Mun Kit Choy
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 20QQ, UK
J Cell Physiol 222:635-9. 2010..In summary, we propose that p53-induced HIF1A degradation is not exclusively MDM2-mediated, but reversible by PKB/Akt phosphorylation...
- Differential DNA methylation correlates with differential expression of angiogenic factors in human heart failureMehregan Movassagh
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Addenbrooke s Centre for Clinical Investigation, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e8564. 2010....