Affiliation: University of Southampton
- To close or not to close? A systematic review and a meta-analysis of peritoneal non-closure and adhesion formation after caesarean sectionY C Cheong
University of Southampton, Level F, Princess Anne Hospital, Southampton SO16 5YA, United Kingdom
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 147:3-8. 2009....
- Should women with chronic pelvic pain have adhesiolysis?Ying C Cheong
Human Development and Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, Coxford Road, Southampton SO16 5YA, UK
BMC Womens Health 14:36. 2014..Our aim was to test the hypothesis of whether laparoscopic adhesiolysis leads to significant pain relief and improvement in quality of life (QoL) in patients with chronic pelvic pain (CPP) and adhesions...
- Doctors and the chronic pelvic pain patientY Cheong
Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Sheffield, UK
Minerva Ginecol 59:613-8. 2007..In this chapter, we will examine some studies that relate to the doctor-patient relationship in women with CPP...
- Acupuncture and herbal medicine in in vitro fertilisation: a review of the evidence for clinical practiceYing Cheong
Division of Developmental Origins of Adult Diseases, University of Southampton School of Medicine DOHaD, Level F, Princess Anne Hospital, Southampton, UK
Hum Fertil (Camb) 13:3-12. 2010..Essential elements for a quality RCT will be the size of the trial, the use of a standardised acupuncture method and of placebo needles...
- Adhesion reduction agents in gynaecological procedures: can NHS aff ord it? An economic cost efficiency analysisY Cheong
University of Southampton Faculty of Medicine, Princess Anne Hospital, Southampton, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 31:631-5. 2011....
- Variation in stability of housekeeping genes in healthy and adhesion-related mesotheliumKhaled Hassan Sadek
Human Development and Health Unit, University of Southampton Faculty of Medicine, Southampton, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 98:1023-7. 2012..However, recent evidence suggests that this is not true for all HKG and that stability may be tissue specific and affected by certain pathologies...
- Hypothesis: Role for the circadian Clock system and sleep in the pathogenesis of adhesions and chronic pelvic pain?Khaled Sadek
Division of Developmental Origins of Health and Disease DOHaD, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Coxford Road, Southampton SO16 5YA, United Kingdom
Med Hypotheses 76:453-6. 2011..Our hypothesis takes into consideration and utilises current understanding in the field uniting individual principles. Moreover; this hypothesis suggests strategies for optimising existing therapeutic interventions...
- Uterine secretomics: a window on the maternal-embryo interfaceYing Cheong
Princess Anne Hospital, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 99:1093-9. 2013..Finally, the role of uterine secretions in nutrition and early development programming of the embryo is considered...
- Controversies in the management of ectopic pregnancyYing Cheong
Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Jessop Wing, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Reprod Biomed Online 15:396-402. 2007..A variable dosing methotrexate regimen is more effective compared with single dose regimen, and the fixed multiple regimen is associated with a high rate of side effects...
- Chronic pelvic pain: aetiology and therapyYing Cheong
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Level 4, Jessop Wing, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 20:695-711. 2006..Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressants have not been shown to be of benefit in CPP. Most of these conclusions are based on the outcome of single randomised trials and therefore need replication...
- A review of techniques for adhesion prevention after gynaecological surgeryMostafa Metwally
The Jessop Wing, Sheffield University and Teaching Hospitals, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 20:345-52. 2008..To explore recent developments in the techniques used for the prevention of adhesion formation after gynaecological surgery as well as the current evidence for existing agents and techniques...
- Labour outcome of women with successful external cephalic version: a prospective studyS Jain
Princess Anne Hospital, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Southampton SO16 5YA, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 30:13-6. 2010..001), induction of labour rate (p < 0.009), electronic fetal monitoring (EFM) (p < 0.0001), abnormal fetal heart rate (p < 0.014) and birth in main unit (p < 0.001). Our data provide useful guidance to women undergoing ECV...