Affiliation: University College London
- Laminin promotes vascular network formation in 3D in vitro collagen scaffolds by regulating VEGF uptakeKaterina Stamati
University College London Tissue Repair and Engineering Centre, Institute of Orthopaedics and Musculoskeletal Sciences, Division of Surgery and Interventional Science, Stanmore Campus HA7 4LP, United Kingdom
Exp Cell Res 327:68-77. 2014..We have identified a key linkage between integrin expression on ECs and their uptake of VEGF, regulated by VEGFR2, resulting in different aggregation patterns in 3D...
- Evolution of oxygen utilization in multicellular organisms and implications for cell signalling in tissue engineeringKaterina Stamati
Stanmore Campus, UCL, London, UK
J Tissue Eng 2:2041731411432365. 2011....
- A novel tissue engineered three-dimensional in vitro colorectal cancer modelAgata Nyga
Centre for Nanotechnology and Regenerative Medicine, University College London, London, UK
Acta Biomater 9:7917-26. 2013..This characterization is fundamental in establishing a reproducible, complex model that could be used to advance our understanding of cancer pathology and will facilitate therapeutic drug testing. ..
- Spatially defined oxygen gradients and vascular endothelial growth factor expression in an engineered 3D cell modelU Cheema
Tissue Repair and Engineering Centre, Institute of Orthopaedics and Musculoskeletal Sciences, University College London, Stanmore Campus, London, HA7 4LP, UK
Cell Mol Life Sci 65:177-86. 2008..A VEGF response was elicited by cells exposed to low oxygen levels (20 mmHg), primarily within the construct core...
- Oxygen diffusion through collagen scaffolds at defined densities: implications for cell survival in tissue modelsUmber Cheema
Tissue Repair and Engineering Centre, Institute of Orthopaedics and Musculoskeletal Sciences, UCL Division of Surgery and Interventional Science, University College London, UK
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 6:77-84. 2012..The high diffusion coefficients of these collagen scaffolds, as well as their material properties, render them viable tissue-engineering matrices for tissue replacement...
- First implantable device for hypoxia-mediated angiogenic inductionE Hadjipanayi
UCL, Tissue Repair and Engineering Centre, Institute of Orthopaedics, Stanmore Campus, London, HA7 4LP, UK
J Control Release 153:217-24. 2011....
- Controlling physiological angiogenesis by hypoxia-induced signalingE Hadjipanayi
UCL Division of Surgery and Interventional Sciences, Tissue Repair and Engineering Centre, Brockley Hill, Stanmore Campus, London HA74LP, UK
J Control Release 146:309-17. 2010..These findings establish the angiogenic potential of HIS cells applicable to in vitro tissue modeling, implant vascularization and engineering predictable angiogenic therapies...
- Switching off angiogenic signalling: creating channelled constructs for adequate oxygen delivery in tissue engineered constructsU Cheema
Tissue Repair and Engineering Centre, Institute of Orthopaedics and Musculoskeletal Sciences, UCL Division of Surgery and Interventional Science, University College London, London, UK
Eur Cell Mater 20:274-80; discussion 280-1. 2010..Simple static micro-channelling gives adequate perfusion and can be used to control cell generated hypoxia-induced signalling...
- 3-D in vitro model of early skeletal muscle developmentU Cheema
Tissue Repair and Engineering Centre, University College London, RFUCMS, Institute of Orthopaedics, RNOH, Stanmore, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 54:226-36. 2003..MGF gene expression was increased 77-fold on day 3, compared to a 36-fold increase with IGF-1 on day 3. This indicates an important role for MGF in either differentiation or, more likely, a response to mechanical or tensional cues...
- Oxygen consumption rate of cells in 3D culture: the use of experiment and simulation to measure kinetic parameters and optimise culture conditionsIan Streeter
Insitute of Orthopaedics and Musculoskeletal Science, University College London, Brockley Hill, Stanmore, United Kingdom HA7 4LP
Analyst 136:4013-9. 2011..These values will dictate 3D culture parameters, including maximum cell-seeding density and maximum size of the constructs, for long-term viability of tissue models...