Affiliation: University of Reading
- Influence of fermentation conditions on the surface properties and adhesion of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GGGurjot Deepika
Food and Nutritional Sciences, University of Reading, PO Box 226, Reading, UK, RG6 6AP
Microb Cell Fact 11:116. 2012..The aim of this work was to investigate the effect of the fermentation pH and temperature on the surface properties and adhesion ability to Caco-2 cells of the probiotic strain Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG...
- Prebiotics in foodsDimitris Charalampopoulos
Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, The University of Reading, PO Box 226, Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 6AP, UK
Curr Opin Biotechnol 23:187-91. 2012..To do this however, they need to be stable during food processing, in particular under conditions of high temperature and low pH...
- Effect of growth time on the surface and adhesion properties of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GGG Deepika
Department of Food Biosciences, The University of Reading, PO Box 226, Whiteknights, Reading RG6 6AP, UK
J Appl Microbiol 107:1230-40. 2009..To investigate the changes in the surface properties of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG during growth, and relate them with the ability of the Lactobacillus cells to adhere to Caco-2 cells...
- Surface and adhesion properties of lactobacilliG Deepika
Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, The University of Reading, Reading RG6 6AP, UK
Adv Appl Microbiol 70:127-52. 2010..It also discusses the effect that the production processes, such as fermentation and drying, can exert on the surface properties and adhesion abilities of lactobacilli...
- Effect of food models and low-temperature storage on the adhesion of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG to Caco-2 cellsG Deepika
Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 59:8661-6. 2011..The most important factor influencing bacterial adhesion was the storage time rather than the levels of fats and sugars, indicating that conformational changes were taking place on the surface of the bacterial cells during storage...
- Effect of culture medium and cryoprotectants on the growth and survival of probiotic lactobacilli during freeze dryingA Siaterlis
Department of Food Biosciences, The University of Reading, Berkshire, Reading, UK
Lett Appl Microbiol 48:295-301. 2009..To investigate the effects of the medium and cryoprotective agents used on the growth and survival of Lactobacillus plantarum and Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG during freeze drying...