Olivia L Champion
Affiliation: University of Exeter
- Identification and characterisation of a novel adhesin Ifp in Yersinia pseudotuberculosisPhilippa C R Strong
Pathogen Molecular Biology Unit, Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, WC1E 7HT, UK
BMC Microbiol 11:85. 2011....
- Yersinia pseudotuberculosis mntH functions in intracellular manganese accumulation, which is essential for virulence and survival in cells expressing functional Nramp1Olivia L Champion
School of Biosciences, University of Exeter, Geoffrey Pope Building, Exeter EX4 4QD, UK
Microbiology 157:1115-22. 2011..Taken together, these data suggest a role for manganese in Y. pseudotuberculosis during macrophage intracellular survival, protecting the bacteria from the antimicrobial products released during the respiratory burst...
- Galleria mellonella as an alternative infection model for Yersinia pseudotuberculosisOlivia L Champion
School of Biosciences, University of Exeter, Geoffrey Pope Building, Stocker Road, Exeter EX4 4QD, UK
Microbiology 155:1516-22. 2009..mellonella. The complemented mutant regained all phenotypic properties associated with SodC, confirming the important role of this metalloenzyme in two Y. pseudotuberculosis infection models...
- Galleria mellonella as an infection model for Campylobacter jejuni virulenceNicola J Senior
School of Biosciences, College of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Exeter, Geoffrey Pope Building, Stocker Road, Exeter, UK
J Med Microbiol 60:661-9. 2011..jejuni isolates belonging to different MLST types. Isolates belonging to ST257 were the most virulent in the Galleria model, whereas those belonging to ST21 were the least virulent...
- Insect infection model for Campylobacter jejuni reveals that O-methyl phosphoramidate has insecticidal activityOlivia L Champion
School of Biosciences, University of Exeter, Exeter EX4 4QD, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 201:776-82. 2010..This new model of C. jejuni infection should facilitate the identification of novel virulence genes...