James Wf Catto
Affiliation: University of Sheffield
- Catto J, Alcaraz A, Bjartell A, de Vere White R, Evans C, Fussel S, et al. MicroRNA in prostate, bladder, and kidney cancer: a systematic review. Eur Urol. 2011;59:671-81 pubmed publisher..Their expression is frequently altered in these tumours, and many are functionally implicated in their pathogenesis. They require evaluation to determine the translational role and therapeutic potential for this knowledge. ..
- Drayton R, Rehman I, Clarke R, Zhao Z, Pang K, Miah S, et al. Identification and diagnostic performance of a small RNA within the PCA3 and BMCC1 gene locus that potentially targets mRNA. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2015;24:268-75 pubmed publisher..This short RNA is stable ex vivo, suggesting a role as a robust biomarker. We identify cytoplasmic enrichment of this RNA and potential targeting of mRNAs implicated in prostate carcinogenesis. ..
- Panebianco V, Barchetti F, de Haas R, Pearson R, Kennish S, Giannarini G, et al. Improving Staging in Bladder Cancer: The Increasing Role of Multiparametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Eur Urol Focus. 2016;2:113-121 pubmed publisher..Multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging appears more accurate than current methods for local and nodal staging and monitoring tumor response to treatment, but requires further investigation. ..
- Noon A, Martinsen J, Catto J, Pukkala E. Occupation and Bladder Cancer Phenotype: Identification of Workplace Patterns That Increase the Risk of Advanced Disease Beyond Overall Incidence. Eur Urol Focus. 2018;4:725-730 pubmed publisher..These findings may be explained by confounding factors such as exposure to tobacco smoke; however, it could be that workers with these job titles are exposed to specific bladder carcinogens. ..
- Pang K, Groves R, Venugopal S, Noon A, Catto J. Prospective Implementation of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery Protocols to Radical Cystectomy. Eur Urol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Patients managed by these pathways have shorter length of stays, lower blood loss, and lower transfusion rates. Their adoption should be encouraged. ..
- Gordon P, Thomas F, Noon A, Rosario D, Catto J. Long-term Outcomes from Re-resection for High-risk Non-muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer: A Potential to Rationalize Use. Eur Urol Focus. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Guidelines advocate early re-resection for these cancers, although the benefits are unclear and the uniform need is questioned. Here, we compare the outcomes using a large single-center cohort...