Affiliation: University of Warwick
- A prime/boost DNA/Modified vaccinia virus Ankara vaccine expressing recombinant Leishmania DNA encoding TRYP is safe and immunogenic in outbred dogs, the reservoir of zoonotic visceral leishmaniasisConnor Carson
Populations and Disease Research Group, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Vaccine 27:1080-6. 2009..These collective results indicate significant antigen-specific type-1 responses and in vivo memory phase cellular immune responses, consistent with superior potential for protective vaccine immunogenicity of DNA/MVA TRYP over LACK...
- Novel use of stir bar sorptive extraction (SBSE) as a tool for isolation of oviposition site attractants for gravid Culex quinquefasciatusC Carson
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Bull Entomol Res 100:1-7. 2010..Further research is required to confirm that SBSE is an appropriate technique for use in field surveys in the search for oviposition cues for Cx. quinquefasciatus...
- Selection of appropriate serological tests to measure the incidence of natural Leishmania infantum infection during DNA/MVA prime/boost canine vaccine trialsConnor Carson
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Vet Parasitol 162:207-13. 2009..9%). We conclude that CLA ELISA will provide sensitive estimates of L. infantum infection incidence in DNA/MVA vaccinated dogs, though optimal testing would include rK39, or a similar recombinant antigen, to improve overall specificity...
- Comparison of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies for the detection of canine IgG1 and IgG2, and associations with infection outcome in Leishmania infantum naturally infected dogsConnor Carson
Populations and Disease Research Group, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 133:264-8. 2010..Further research is needed to re-evaluate the specificity of commercially available IgG subclass antibodies...
- Comparison of Leishmania OligoC-TesT PCR with conventional and real-time PCR for Diagnosis of canine Leishmania infectionConnor Carson
Populations and Disease Research Group, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 48:3325-30. 2010....
- Heterogeneities in Leishmania infantum Infection: Using Skin Parasite Burdens to Identify Highly Infectious DogsOrin Courtenay
School of Life Sciences, and Warwick Infectious Disease Epidemiology Research WIDER, University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 8:e2583. 2014..Tissue parasite number was evaluated as a potential surrogate marker of host transmission potential...