Amanda H Cardy
Affiliation: University of Aberdeen
- Variation in WNT7A is unlikely to be a cause of familial congenital talipes equinovarusGuoqing Liu
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
BMC Med Genet 9:50. 2008..WNT7A is a plausible candidate gene for CTEV as it provides a signal for pattern formation during limb development, and mutation in WNT7A has been reported in a number of limb malformation syndromes...
- Maternal medication use and the risk of brain tumors in the offspring: the SEARCH international case-control studyAmanda H Cardy
Department of Public Health, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, Scotland, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 118:1302-8. 2006..This is the largest case-control study of CBT and maternal medications to date. Our data provide little support for an association between maternal use of medications that may form NOC and subsequent development of CBT in the offspring...
- Pedigree analysis and epidemiological features of idiopathic congenital talipes equinovarus in the United Kingdom: a case-control studyA H Cardy
Department of Public Health, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 8:62. 2007..5 per 1000 live births. The aetiology is not well elucidated. While both genetic and environmental factors are implicated, no specific genes have been identified and little is known about environmental risk factors...
- Amniocentesis in the second trimester and congenital talipes equinovarus in the offspring: a population-based record linkage study in ScotlandA H Cardy
Clubfoot Research Group, School of Medicine, University of Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD, UK
Prenat Diagn 29:613-9. 2009..To investigate whether amniocentesis in the second trimester is associated with congenital talipes equinovarus (CTEV) in the offspring...
- Is there evidence for aetiologically distinct subgroups of idiopathic congenital talipes equinovarus? A case-only study and pedigree analysisAmanda H Cardy
Clubfoot Research Group, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland
PLoS ONE 6:e17895. 2011..Previous studies consider CTEV as a homogenous entity which may conceal risk factors in particular subgroups. We investigate evidence for aetiologically distinct subgroups of CTEV...
- Influence of socioeconomic conditions on growth in infancy: the 1921 Aberdeen birth cohortA D Baxter-Jones
Department of Child Health, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, UK
Arch Dis Child 81:5-9. 1999..To identify environmental influences on infant growth using data from a birth cohort established in 1921...
- The C677T polymorphism in the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene (MTHFR), maternal use of folic acid supplements, and risk of isolated clubfoot: A case-parent-triad analysisLinda Sharp
National Cancer Registry Ireland, Cork, Ireland
Am J Epidemiol 164:852-61. 2006..However, clubfoot mechanisms are poorly understood, and the folate metabolism pathway is complex. Further research is needed to elucidate these relations...