Affiliation: University of Liverpool
- Life-years gained among US adults from modern treatments and changes in the prevalence of 6 coronary heart disease risk factors between 1980 and 2000Simon Capewell
Division of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United
Am J Epidemiol 170:229-36. 2009..Unfortunately, these gains were partially offset by substantial increases in obesity and diabetes...
- Cardiovascular risk factor trends and potential for reducing coronary heart disease mortality in the United States of AmericaSimon Capewell
Division of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, L69 3GB, England
Bull World Health Organ 88:120-30. 2010....
- Young children's food in Liverpool day-care settings: a qualitative study of pre-school nutrition policy and practiceFfion Lloyd-Williams
Division of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Whelan Building, Quadrangle, Liverpool L69 3GB, UK
Public Health Nutr 14:1858-66. 2011..To explore nutrition and food provision in pre-school nurseries in order to develop interventions to promote healthy eating in early years settings, especially across deprived communities...
- Potential cardiovascular mortality reductions with stricter food policies in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern IrelandMartin O Flaherty
Division of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Whelan Building, Quadrangle, Liverpool, L69 3GB, England
Bull World Health Organ 90:522-31. 2012..To estimate how much more cardiovascular disease (CVD) mortality could be reduced in the United Kingdom through more progressive nutritional targets...
- Small changes in snacking behaviour: the potential impact on CVD mortalityFfion Lloyd-Williams
Division of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Whelan Building Quadrangle, Liverpool L69 3GB, UK
Public Health Nutr 12:871-6. 2009..To examine the potential public health impact on CHD and stroke mortality of replacing one 'unhealthy' snack with one 'healthy' snack per person, per day, across the UK population...
- Planning ahead in public health? A qualitative study of the time horizons used in public health decision-makingDavid C Taylor-Robinson
Division of Public Health, The Whelan Building, Liverpool, UK
BMC Public Health 8:415. 2008..In order to better understand factors that influence decisions for public health, we undertook a qualitative study to explore issues relating to the time horizons used in decision-making...
- Estimating the cardiovascular mortality burden attributable to the European Common Agricultural Policy on dietary saturated fatsFfion Lloyd-Williams
Division of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, England
Bull World Health Organ 86:535-541A. 2008..To estimate the burden of cardiovascular disease within 15 European Union countries (before the 2004 enlargement) as a result of excess dietary saturated fats attributable to the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP)...
- Potential reductions in United States coronary heart disease mortality by treating more patientsSimon Capewell
Division of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Am J Cardiol 103:1703-9. 2009..Future strategies should maximize the delivery of appropriate therapies to all eligible patients with CHD and prioritize medical therapies for secondary prevention and heart failure...
- Coronary heart disease mortality among young adults in Scotland in relation to social inequalities: time trend studyMartin O'Flaherty
Division of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3GB
BMJ 339:b2613. 2009..To examine recent trends and social inequalities in age specific coronary heart disease mortality...
- Why have total cholesterol levels declined in most developed countries?Simon Capewell
University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
BMC Public Health 11:641. 2011..Our paper addresses three major public health issues: cholesterol, statins and policies to prevent cardiovascular disease...
- The use of research evidence in public health decision making processes: systematic reviewLois Orton
Public Health and Policy, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e21704. 2011..The objectives of this systematic review were to synthesise empirical evidence on the use of research evidence by public health decision makers in settings with universal health care systems...
- Small changes in United Kingdom cardiovascular risk factors could halve coronary heart disease mortalityBelgin Unal
Department of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 58:733-40. 2005..The U.K. government recently called for a 40% reduction in cardiovascular disease mortality by 2010. We examined the potential for cardiovascular risk factor changes to achieve that target...
- The decline in coronary heart disease mortality is slowing in young adults (Australia 1976-2006): a time trend analysisMartin O'Flaherty
University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Int J Cardiol 158:193-8. 2012..To examine whether the recent flattening of mortality rates for coronary heart disease (CHD) observed among young adults in the UK and the US is also occurring in the Australian population...
- Policy-makers' attitudes to decision support models for coronary heart disease: a qualitative studyDavid Taylor-Robinson
Division of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Health Serv Res Policy 13:209-14. 2008..To explore attitudes to the use of models for coronary heart disease to support decision-making for policy and service planning...
- Mortality risk reduction associated with smoking cessation in patients with coronary heart disease: a systematic reviewJulia A Critchley
Department of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, England
JAMA 290:86-97. 2003..This is particularly true when a patient with CHD quits smoking...